Options

New CCNA right here!

MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
Well I went the two exam route, and passed icnd2 on Friday. Man it feels good!

I had no problem with icnd 1, but this one almost got away from me. I was confident and felt a little too comfortable going through the questions. For each question i was picking the right ones, and also examining why each wrong choice was wrong. I ended up taking FAR too much time lol... especially in the first half of the test. I had about 20 minutes for the last 20 questions. And I knew there'd be more questions with topologies and scenarios where it takes a minute or so just to see what they want, and I was right. But I managed through and passed, so that's good.

Anyways lesson learned!! I will definitely move at more of a "brisk" rate on my CCNP exams.
Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new CCNA!
    How much labbing did you do and did you use a "real" lab or simulator?
    I was originally planning to go the 2 test route but finances and scheduling problems kept coming up and I got bored with reviewing the ICND1 material so I jumped into studying the ICND2 material. If I had more spare time I'd be taking the test in the next 2 weeks but it'll probably have to wait a few more weeks. In the meantime Im labbing it up and taking some practice tests.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    jonragejonrage Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey congrats man!!

I know you're happy to get this one under your belt. It's a huge first (and second) step. I think just as important as getting your CCNA, is the fact that you now qualify to start the CCNP track and further. Good job and much luck to you.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on the new CCNA!
    How much labbing did you do and did you use a "real" lab or simulator?

Well I used Packet Tracer for the CCNA, but am currently building my home lab for CCNP. I have a 2611xm and 2 2610xm's currently en route. I already have a 3620 with a nm-4a/s that I'll use for Frame Relay. Now I just need to get my hands on some switches, with one being a 3550. Oh, and a term server. Fun times lol
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Props to you on the ICND2 pass! Hopefully I will be a CCNA right there with you in a few weeks. Good luck on the CCNP study!
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good job - Congrats!!!!

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Congratz MrBrian!!!icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!!!icon_cheers.gif
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    congrats.

I am set for Aug 14 to take the exam. What materials were useful? What books did you use?
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223