Options

Home lab power consumption?

MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
Hi all, I checked the stickies first, but couldn't find the info I was looking for.. Just had a question about the effects of having all this home lab equipment on the home wiring. Since my lab will be small by some standards, I'm assuming it'll be fine, and that all I need is a nice surge protector. However, I try not to assume too much. What do I need to calculate here? My understanding is that I should check labels on the equipment as to their amperage levels, and then check the home to see what kind of load it can support so I don't trip the circuit.. especially when everything powers on, as it will pull more during that period.

If anyone has any advice or input it'd be greatly appreciated, and I'm going to keep researching to see what I exactly I need to check. Thanks

Btw my lab is a 2611xm, 2 2610xm's, a 3720, a 2511, and I have a few switches on the way.. Anyways, thanks again
Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi

Comments

• Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    It's looking more and more that just a surge protector will suffice. I don't think I'll need an ups.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The 25xx series needs about 40 watts when on, iirc. None of these boxes should need more that 100 Watts.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP