Just squeaked by 70-640!!

camaro684camaro684 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed my 70-640 exam with a 700/700 icon_cheers.gif. I had to laugh when I finished it because I knew I was close.

Comments

• lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man more power icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif.

I am curious to know how difficult was it in comparison to CompTIA, Cisco type questions. I mean multiple choice, sim, essay?

It seems the new MCTS exams are challenging? thoughts?
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    lanrexng2 wrote: »
    Congrats man more power icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif.

I am curious to know how difficult was it in comparison to CompTIA, Cisco type questions. I mean multiple choice, sim, essay?

It seems the new MCTS exams are challenging? thoughts?

I can't speak for Cisco questions, but CompTIAs are literally a joke compared to MS exams.

You really have to know your stuff to take a MS exams...the questions can be confusion and you have to look for clues as to what MS means in order to find the best answer.

I had drag and drops and multiple choice for the 640. Took me two tries, but it got done (congrats to you, OP, btw...though you might have wanted to put this in the MCITP section).
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can't speak for Cisco questions, but CompTIAs are literally a joke compared to MS exams.

You really have to know your stuff to take a MS exams...the questions can be confusion and you have to look for clues as to what MS means in order to find the best answer.

I had drag and drops and multiple choice for the 640. Took me two tries, but it got done (congrats to you, OP, btw...though you might have wanted to put this in the MCITP section).[/QUOTE]

Thanks erpadmin I am curious what resources you guys use for books, labs, practice exams etc?

I do have a mini VMWare network in workstation with 1 instance of MS 2008, XP and various Linux flavors.
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    lanrexng2 wrote: »

I had drag and drops and multiple choice for the 640. Took me two tries, but it got done (congrats to you, OP, btw...though you might have wanted to put this in the MCITP section).

Thanks erpadmin I am curious what resources you guys use for books, labs, practice exams etc?

I do have a mini VMWare network in workstation with 1 instance of MS 2008, XP and various Linux flavors.[/QUOTE]

I have an HP ML110 G6 server. Does the job sweetly for labbing.

Technet, Testout's Labsim for video. the Sybex Windows Server 2008 R2 guide for 640, 642 and 643.

That's what helped me, in addition to using uCertify and Transcenders. It took me weeks to prep between my first fail and my pass (this past Saturday).

You want to lab with 2008 R2 though....Windows Server 2008 is useless to lab with for this exam. All the questions you get now are R2 and there are significant differences.....very significant.
  • pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    camaro684 wrote: »
    Just passed my 70-640 exam with a 700/700 icon_cheers.gif. I had to laugh when I finished it because I knew I was close.

Nice one.. I would have taken a 700 on Saturday when I took it. But only conjured up a 680. *ouch*