Options

ICND2 Tomorrow (7/18)

smashedpumpkinssmashedpumpkins Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm taking the ICND2 exam tomorrow and I'm eager to get it going. I know subnetting is crucial in both the ICND1 and ICND2 exam, but I was wondering if everyone usually creates a subnetting chart, hosts and subnets during the tutorial for the ICND2 exam too? I have subnetting down without a problem, but writing out all the masks and the hosts will help me move along quicker and without error.

Any other random notes or charts you make ahead of time? Thanks!
Fortune favors the brave.

Comments

• Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm taking the ICND2 exam tomorrow and I'm eager to get it going. I know subnetting is crucial in both the ICND1 and ICND2 exam, but I was wondering if everyone usually creates a subnetting chart, hosts and subnets during the tutorial for the ICND2 exam too? I have subnetting down without a problem, but writing out all the masks and the hosts will help me move along quicker and without error.

Any other random notes or charts you make ahead of time? Thanks!

I did for the INCD1. I did it before I hit the start button. This way I am not rushed, I can make sure I do my math right. Then during the test you just look at the sheet and there is the info you need.

The time pressure can get to the best people who subnet. It doesn't hurt you.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can't really offer any advice specifically for the ICND2 since I took the composite exam. But good luck!
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I thought you couldn't write anything down on the dry erase boards before the test started? I remember seeing that somewhere but I can't remember where.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I thought you couldn't write anything down on the dry erase boards before the test started? I remember seeing that somewhere but I can't remember where.

I'm not sure. I was sat and asked if I could start writing down my notes and the women said sure. This was my first Cisco exam and the first exam I ever wrote down notes. Still you would have enough time to write a chart during the how to part of the exam.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    wavewave Member Posts: 342
    How did your exam go?

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • Options
    Thanks for the links. I think I'll create another chart similar to what I did on the ICND1 exam. There's still plenty of subnetting and it'll make things easier.

Wave - I take it tomorrow at 1PM Mountain Standard time.
  • Options
    Chilling in the testing center waiting to start! Ha
  • Options
    njktnjkt Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Chilling in the testing center waiting to start! Ha

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Grarrrrrrrrr I failed it. I know the material and know it well. I took the second half of the test during the last 15 minutes. I tried to leave time on the clock but every questions was multiple paragraphs long. There were 43 questions and I was on question 20 with 15 minutes left. I had 4 questions where I had to configure routers/switches and least 10 required me to view configurations. There were also a lot of drag and drop. I swear they organize the tests from hardest to easiest questions. I flew through the second half of the questions and made stupid mistakes that ended up costing me the test. My worst area was NAT/ACL's which I scored a 17%???!??!? I know both of them probably messed it up in the last few minutes. I'm so frustrated right now as I wasn't expecting to fail. I put a lot of studying into the test and now I've wasted $125.

I would like to retake it within the next month, but I honestly can't afford much right now. Scored a 762 with 825 required. How many questions is that?
  • Options
    jonragejonrage Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey man don't feel bad. it's not the end and it wasn't a waste. even though you didn't get the results you desired doesn't mean you didn't benefit from the whole experience.

by the same token, i'd like to say thank you for sharing your experience with those of us that are still prepping. your experience will help a lot of people refine their exam preparation so they can be more ready. and in the long run this will work to your benefit as well. money is always an issue, but this experience will teach you something money can't buy. the next time you take the test you'll be wiser and more confident.
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_sad.gif

I won't tell you not to be upset; but I will say that you should just chalk it up to experience and try again. Now you have a much better idea of what you need to brush up on for next time....icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Hey man, you gave it a good shot. Now you just have to pick yourself up, hit the books again on your weak areas, then schedule the exam again when you have the $.

You'll do it, just shake yourself off and refocus and you'll be all good.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i also failed with 804 and passing was 825 with 43 questions

my weak section was nat-acl and wan

i got stuck on acl and wan mc's

better luck next time u are also closed to passing

i am improving on acl
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sounds like if you get a better grasp of nat/acl then you will have no issues passing this exam. I'm about three weeks away from scheduling my icnd2. I'm sure that you will get it the next time you take it. good luck.
    In pursuit of CCNA:SECURITY; CCNP; THEN MCSE