Options

CCENT Lab with 2503 routers

RockmanJL9981RockmanJL9981 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi im trying to setup a small lab to test these 2503 routers. I have my serial link set up as follows, but it still keeps saying the line protocol is down. can you help?279SVnBIWZQ2zzDTlr40IbWXPnUmpf1JXpcZntkX41YKWs7HwWzbSUePTTnT3pW0jTuZnIriYJx3fjzSPQQgAAEIQAACSwkcIlOxVNizt1v9+qCzg9l2fkWZ0LZdp95k8m3zId7ETp7BeXO2dAgBCEAAAhCAwDoCR8lUrJP+TJ9amqs505zPOpdJydaGE8VONoRJVxCAAAQgAAEIbEWATMVWJOkHAhCAAAQgAAEIQAACP5QAmYofqnimDQEIQAACEIAABCAAga0IPJ6p+P8BAOtSj5CrTxYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Comments

• Options
    capitanuionutcapitanuionut Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi im trying to setup a small lab to test these 2503 routers. I have my serial link set up as follows, but it still keeps saying the line protocol is down. can you help?279SVnBIWZQ2zzDTlr40IbWXPnUmpf1JXpcZntkX41YKWs7HwWzbSUePTTnT3pW0jTuZnIriYJx3fjzSPQQgAAEIQAACSwkcIlOxVNizt1v9+qCzg9l2fkWZ0LZdp95k8m3zId7ETp7BeXO2dAgBCEAAAhCAwDoCR8lUrJP+TJ9amqs505zPOpdJydaGE8VONoRJVxCAAAQgAAEIbEWATMVWJOkHAhCAAAQgAAEIQAACP5QAmYofqnimDQEIQAACEIAABCAAga0IPJ6p+P8BAOtSj5CrTxYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

If the status is up that means your physical connection is ok and is a higher layer problem...

Verify the encapsulation between routers - show interface <interface>
    Verify that you entered a clock rate on the DCE interface - show controllers <interface> to see wich one is the DCE
    Verify the ip addresses, sunet masks...

Hope this helps..
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wa actually just experimenting with this today but in packet tracer.
    Usually you have to make sure the encapsulation type matches on both end points so its either PPP or the default HDLC.The clock rate must be set up on the DCE end.
    Also make sure IP address and subnet masks are setup for both serial interfaces and ensure that you used the no shutdown command
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.