Options

My CCIE Journey Has Officially Begun.

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been labbing away via a combination of GNS3, csr1000v's, and 3560 v2's running v15 code. I never really stopped labbing/studying, but I am ramping up my efforts considerably. I'm trying to pull everything from memory and use notepad to stage configs to improve my recall. I have been reviewing my notes from my first attempt, as well as watching the INE videos and reading any and all cisco docs/blogs that I can get my hands on.

My job is design/configuration/repair of route/switch/UCS/security/etc so I get to apply a lot of the RS focus almost daily so that's helpful as well. My coworker passed the IE on his first attempt and quizzes me throughout the day so that is extremely beneficial.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    I attended Narbik's CCIE bootcamp this past week in VA. Intense is an understatement. As a class we spent 65 hours together from Monday to Friday, but then I continued to study in my hotel room for a few hours each night so it was an extremely beneficial week.

Narbik is one of the best instructors that I've ever had. He has complete mastery of the subject matter and can convey it in an understandable format to people of all skill levels and experience.

Money and time well spent. Be prepared for Thursday though. It is a bear. 9-6am for those that chose to stay.

I want to get to his 10 day, but work has been too busy to allow me to be gone for that long. I had to sneak this class in between a month and a half long project.

Short story, if you're on the fence about attending, do it. You won't regret it.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Reminds of the days. haha So much pain but thats how it goes if we want to move to the next level.
    I actually think that day was Narbik telling me "so you want to become a ccie, this is how I study. let me show you this level".
    When is your lab test?
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it - I recently sat his 10-day bootcamp and loved every minute of it. The second 5-days is mainly TS labs one after the other, which I believe are all covered in his newly released TS lab workbook.
  • Options
    My lab is scheduled for December. I work for a partner so there's a big push for me to pass. I just keep my head in the books and study/lab as much as possible.
  • Options
    lrb wrote: »
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it - I recently sat his 10-day bootcamp and loved every minute of it. The second 5-days is mainly TS labs one after the other, which I believe are all covered in his newly released TS lab workbook.

How were the TS labs? I imagine they are extremely challenging.
  • Options
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    My lab is scheduled for December. I work for a partner so there's a big push for me to pass. I just keep my head in the books and study/lab as much as possible.

Goodluck!
  • Options
    How were the TS labs? I imagine they are extremely challenging.

They were really great and, as you can expect from Narbik, very challenging. I found them about on par difficulty wise with the new INE TSv5 labs.

All the best for your lab in December :)
  • Options
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Goodluck!

Thank you! I have really been motivated by those videos that you used to post by Eric Thomas.
  • Options
    lrb wrote: »
    They were really great and, as you can expect from Narbik, very challenging. I found them about on par difficulty wise with the new INE TSv5 labs.

All the best for your lab in December :)

Oh, okay. I figured they would be difficult. The new INE TS labs are quite challenging.

Thanks! Good luck to you as well.
  • Options
    Thank you! I have really been motivated by those videos that you used to post by Eric Thomas.

The motivation is deep inside you. You have to magnify it everyday.
    I see it as star wars. You mentally feed the good or the dark force (pain and anger to become successful). I understood that pain will push me further.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck James! Narbik's bootcamp is definitely worthwhile. I like his focus on fundamentals. I'm sure he did the graphic when he shows a bar graph to represent the knowledge people have and they think they need that top 20% which is the secret ninja stuff, when what they really are missing is the bottom 20% which is fundamentals.
    Plus he's funny as hell.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    Thanks Zartan! It was a good time. I'm reviewing my notes from his bootcamp now. Good to see you posting in here! That bar graph was really eye opening.
  • Options
    My boss pretty much gave me off every day that I'm not scheduled to be with a client until my lab date. Time to bring home my number.
  • Options
    Great news about work giving you some extra time off to study! Best of luck man
  • Options
    Thanks. Congrats again.
  • Options
    Lab is on Monday. Nerves are starting...
  • Options
    dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□

Good luck man, you got this
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck man. DOn't burn yourself out this weekend, find something you enjoy (preferably low stress, I wouldn't suggest base jumping) to distract yourself.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Wow next lab came around quick! Good luck!
  • Options
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Wow next lab came around quick! Good luck!

Thank you. Time definitely disappeared.
  • Options
    joelsfood wrote: »
    Good luck man. DOn't burn yourself out this weekend, find something you enjoy (preferably low stress, I wouldn't suggest base jumping) to distract yourself.

Thank you. I might try to just lay low with the kids. No base jumping :)
  • Options
    Yeah, 8 weeks today for mine.
  • Options

Good luck James!
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Good luck mate, you've got this.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Yeah, 8 weeks today for mine.

You got this.
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck James!!!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    Good luck James!!!

Thank you.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just another manic Monday.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    So it must be about 0530 AM in Raleigh right now so the lab is starting in about 90 minutes time (0705am.. man that's early!)

Good luck James, you got this.