Options

well i was looking for a challenge - OSCP coming up

I officially signed up for the OSCP and purchased the 60 day lab time starting this sunday. The biggest pull for me towards this certification is how different the process of learning/preparing seems to be from other certifications. After a few months off since getting my CCNP and taking on a full time security role I think this will really enable my learning and be the deep dive I need to start moving forward.

Anyone else on here tackle this?
WIP: IPS exam

Comments

• Options
    grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    this has been on my radar for sometime. I've decided to wait to hear back on my scores for the CASP and CISSP, but if those pan out (fingers crossed) I think OSCP will be the next on my personal hit list.

please keep us posted on your progress. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on the material.

best of luck!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    A number of TE's members have gone through OSCP. Search these forums for "OSCP" to find the previous discussions.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    From all the reviews I have read across the net, the OSCP is no joke! It will push your mental limits and force you to "try harder"! icon_lol.gif

I think I'll take a crack at this within the next two years.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    OSCP is something I hope to start in the next year. Please give some feedback about your experience. Once I get more knowledge of Linux's command line, Ill probably try the OSCP.

good luck
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    I officially signed up for the OSCP and purchased the 60 day lab time starting this sunday. The biggest pull for me towards this certification is how different the process of learning/preparing seems to be from other certifications. After a few months off since getting my CCNP and taking on a full time security role I think this will really enable my learning and be the deep dive I need to start moving forward.

Anyone else on here tackle this?

Good luck man. Do keep us posted as there is a couple of us here at TE who are going to give it a try next year.

I am interested in reading about your experience once you're done with it.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    got my welcome package last evening (working 12 hour shifts all weekend so my lab time has been minimal so far at 45 minutes total). started working through the lab guide and the videos last night and so far i have been extremely pleased with the quality (also nice to see the lab guide is already using backtrack5 so they obviously keep things up to date). from my lab experiences so far i can already see the challenge of taking what you learned and learning to tweak and apply it to attack machines. definitely no hand holding here which honestly is exactly the kick in the ass i wanted to help accelerate my learning. im going to start working in the lab over the next few days as im off of work and will post more soon.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome dude . Keep us informed on it (so some of us can justify the price to our wives :) ).