Options

gotomeeting problem

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
I have a webinar this morning for about 15 people. We were getting errors last night, and found out that java needed to be upgraded on a few machines. No big deal, took care of that.

However ....

I have three machines that after upgrading java, they will not connect. Gotomeeting begins to start, then stops at the security information window (where you put in your email address and name). I have left a few machines sit there for 30 minutes, and nothing. I opened a case with gotomeeting last night, but no response yet.

Has anyone seen this error before and found a way to fix it? I have deleted the software and reinstalled it and got the same issue.

Screen shot is attached. I have two hours to get this fixed, so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Bokeh wrote: »
    I have a webinar this morning for about 15 people. We were getting errors last night, and found out that java needed to be upgraded on a few machines. No big deal, took care of that.

However ....

I have three machines that after upgrading java, they will not connect. Gotomeeting begins to start, then stops at the security information window (where you put in your email address and name). I have left a few machines sit there for 30 minutes, and nothing. I opened a case with gotomeeting last night, but no response yet.

Has anyone seen this error before and found a way to fix it? I have deleted the software and reinstalled it and got the same issue.

Screen shot is attached. I have two hours to get this fixed, so any help would be appreciated.

Some things to try
    Disable Popup blockers
    An old version of Java still sits on the machine. This will need to be removed.
    Under Java control panel>advance make sure the default browser is checked
    Make sure you reboot the machine after the install. (Sometime) you have to do this.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Java version you just installed
    Internet Cache and Cookies
    Internet Option>Content>clear SSL state
    Check in the advance settings against other users who are able to connect. When those applications installs sometime they change default settings. That's why I like to reboot, it will reapply GP settings to the machine.

Just some basics I would try.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips. I had tried all of those, but still have same issue. Meeting got cancelled, so I have more time to play and try to figure out what is going on.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you sure the same version of java is installed on the machines?

If I upgrade to the latest version (to satisfy the needs of one app) then several other apps that I use become broken and the only way to resolve is to uninstall the recent update (and lose the other apps). Some of this is mitigated with App-V and citrix, but it is a huge pain in the bottom.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    are they all running the same version of IE

if not uninstall all versions of java , upgrade to the latest ie, fresh install of java

give that a shot
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    Yep, all same version of IE, all same version of Java. All Windows updates are done, heck even flashed the BIOS to the same version (same type of laptops giving me grief). Some work, some don't. Some do not work from a link in email, but will work if you put the meeting ID in directly. Others do not work off of either. Temporarily disabled firewall and AV, dint help.

Its a bit frustrating to say the least.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I'd also check on any proxy servers that may be in use.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Poor ad placement
    Ad.jpg 23.3K
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Response from G2M support:

We reviewed your case request and advise you to reinstall G2M.

Well DUH! Did that like a dozen times already, told them in their initial case as well. Love dealing with support folks.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    have you tried making a new user account on the system and logging into that one (not on the domain but local user)
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    yes I have. The machines I am trying to get to work are all remote users, they do not log into the domain at all.
  • Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    Have you reset IE to default settings
    Started IE with no addons
    Tried another browser
    Added it as a trusted site
  • Options
    GlennDCitrixGlennDCitrix Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, if you would like to Email me your contact information and the best time to call you I can have a support rep call you directly to assist. We also have toll free 24/7 support if you visit support.citrixonline.com/GoToMeeting/ and click Call Us in the upper right corner.

Thanks,

Glenn Dobson | Community Leader, Social Media
    Citrix Online Division, Citrix Systems, Inc.
    On Twitter @GlennDCitrix
  • Options
    Well Glen, if you give me an email address Ill be happy to do so. However, since you are a new poster on the forums, we cannot pm you contact information.
  • Options
    GlennDCitrixGlennDCitrix Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Well Glen, if you give me an email address Ill be happy to do so. However, since you are a new poster on the forums, we cannot pm you contact information.

Good point, sorry about that! glenn.dobson at citrix dot com
  • Options
    henryrogerhenryroger Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Try using a RHUB web conferencing server for conducting your online meetings. It does not use Java and hence no headache in establishing connection.