Options

Exam in 2 1/2 hours [EDIT] PASSED

ScytheX10ScytheX10 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Edit: Passed with an 866
Scheduled to take my exam at 1 EST. I've been reading Darril's book front to back, back to front. Got 85 or higher on all the end of chapters, and a 95 on the last practice test on the back. I feel as if I'm ready for the exam.
I guess we'll see! To be honest, my biggest problem is reading the question and understanding it. I'll just force myself to read the question two or three times before I chose an answer I guess :)

p.s., i HATE that pre exam feeling.. "Did i study enough.. what if that's on the test.. OH GAWD"

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you read his book and scored that well on the practice questions then you have nothing to worry about. That book really is that good.

Read the question, select an answer, double check that it still makes sense. And always read ALL of the answers. Just because A is what you had in mind while reading the questions does not mean you shouldn't read all of the options. Time isn't an issue. When I took this I completed the 100 questions in about a half hour. I don't remember what they give you for the test, but I'm sure I had over an hour to spare.

Good luck and stay confident!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    jch0411jch0411 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1st: Good luck! You sound prepared.

2nd: Please be sure to report back on your experience... I am taking it 2pm tomorrow and have the jitters too. I am taking the final Darril test today and going over my weak topics.
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Passed with an 866/900

A ton of 'BEST' questions.
    Some 'wordy' questions.

Darril's book was spot on with the material. The ones I got wrong was due to me not remembering some material.
    My advice: Just as Devilsbane said, read the question, select the answer, read the question to verify if it makes sense. Stay calm too. Time is really a non issue on the test, I answered all questions, went back and reread them all, and I had 40 minutes to spare.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next?

To be honest, I'm not quite sure.
    I may go the Cisco route, or Microsoft route.
    I'm for sure getting my Linux+, but that will be incredibly easy for me due to my experience.

I just have to do some research on what to do. Right now I want certs there are more likely to get me into a job spot more than anything, so going the Microsoft route seems smart.
  • Options
    jch0411jch0411 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, happy you scored well and congrats on the pass!

I am just back from taking the test today and can report a 789/900 for a pass.

I agree with your reportage on the exam except that it did take me longer to finish. I thought some of the answers were hair splitting. I could have answered with either of two choices and defended my choice.

I used the Darrell book as my sole text resource and the study guides found on this site.

I found his site is a great resource so a big THANKS to all who post their contributions.

Good luck to all those taking Sec+!
  • Options
    lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats fellas
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,