Options

Quick question regarding Multi-area OSPF and the CCNA

phobophilephobophile Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I figure this is not against the NDA, but if it is, please delete the post.

Jeremy Cioara mentioned in the CBT ICND2 module that multi-area OSPF is NOT tested. I have also checked the Cisco forums, and there were comments that enforced this statement. However, there is no mention of single area or multi-area OSPF in the ICND2 Exam Topics.

Is it safe to me to ask if anyone who has taken the ICND2/CCNA could confirm if the exam was free of multi-area OSPF configuration questions?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    phobophile wrote: »
    I figure this is not against the NDA, but if it is, please delete the post.

Jeremy Cioara mentioned in the CBT ICND2 module that multi-area OSPF is NOT tested. I have also checked the Cisco forums, and there were comments that enforced this statement. However, there is no mention of single area or multi-area OSPF in the ICND2 Exam Topics.

Is it safe to me to ask if anyone who has taken the ICND2/CCNA could confirm if the exam was free of multi-area OSPF configuration questions?

Thanks

If anybody tells you what questions the did, or didn't get, they are breaking NDA.

the Blueprint simply says -
    Configure, verify, and troubleshoot OSPF

So, officially ANY question on OSPF would be fair game. The key here id to refer to the official course materials - if they don't cover multiarea OSPF, then you can be fairly sure that you're not going to get any questions on it.

I did the CCNA a few revisions ago and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the materials but don't know if that's changed

Hope this helps
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    I'm actually reading the chapters on OSPF right now in both the Odom and Lammle books, and BOTH of them said not to worry about multi area OSPF for the CCNA. My guess is that it is more of a CCNP level topic.
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    There definitely is multi-area OSPF in CCNP. Oh boy is there multi-area OSPF in CCNP.
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Monkerz wrote: »
    There diffidently is multi-area OSPF in CCNP. Oh boy is there multi-area OSPF in CCNP.

+1 to that

If Multi-area OSPF scares you then stay way from CCNP icon_lol.gif

TNSSA!
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Wimps! multi-area OSPF is fun! bring on the stub networks in all their varied glory!
  • Options
    TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    Ospf network types is where it get real interesting hehe
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Multi-Area OSPF in itself is not too complicated. It starts to get complicated when you start having to filter the different LSA Types on a Per-Area Basis.

I don't believe Cisco would put anything too complicated on the CCNA exam for Multi-Area OSPF. All you really have to remember is that all Areas must alteast have one interface connect directly to Area 0, except if using Virtual links or Tunneling.

But, like I said before Cisco would not put this on the CCNA, they leave the more advanced topics like Stub, NSSA, Totally Stubby and Totally NSSA to the CCNP and CCIE.

But, don't be scared of these, it all comes down to what Type of LSA's you are trying to filter. It's as simple as that.

Hope this helps and good luck!