Advice for 70-680 vs 70-685 vs 70-682

Bluebook of PainBluebook of Pain Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
New poster but long time reader looking for some advice.

I have finished A+, N+ , MCDST and looking to get into Windows 7 Certs.

IT work & certification are not currently my primary work role but more of a goal to keep my avenues for open for future work.

Would you recommend going to 70-680 (apparently difficult) first or doing 685 (apparently easier) & how difficult is 70-685 vs the MCDST certifications? As mentioned above, in IT as it is not my primary role so 70-685 will be a challenge.

What books would you also recommend 685? I have been a bit scared off by the trash-pile from MS press known as 70-680.

Lots of questions. Thank you if you can provide answers.

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you use the MS press 680 book, get the errata threads. Poulton's book is pretty good.
    For the 685, I used the MS 685 (very good) and Darril Gibson's (very good) for the exams.

I would start with the 685 and then do the 685. I found studying some of the server material helped, as their are terms you are expected to know.

Use material from the 686 to help with the 680 book. I thought the MS 686 book was alright,but they reference the 680 book a lot...which is full of errors.

Your other option is the 682 to upgrade, but I would recommend the 2 exam path,as going to 7 is a big jump.