Taking Advice for Resume

ThePrimetimerThePrimetimer Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,
Taking some advice and finally asking for your guys assistance in helping me with my resume. I have seen others do this and have seen some good responses, so wanted to see what would happen with mine.

Anything helps!
"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done"

Comments

• ArmymanisArmymanis Member Posts: 304
    Hey Guys,
    Taking some advice and finally asking for your guys assistance in helping me with my resume. I have seen others do this and have seen some good responses, so wanted to see what would happen with mine.

Anything helps!

How did you do the format for your personal info section? I really like the format. Makes it look much cleaner. What do others think before I change mine like this guy did?
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hate to ask you this but do you mind posting a pdf version of this document please? I'm getting some weird-ass encoder errors when I open your file. I have Word 2003 running on my work computer.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • ThePrimetimerThePrimetimer Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this resume must be flawless as I haven't had anyone say anything bad or give me some pointers.

Anybody have any tips or suggestions?
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done"
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not a bad resume, I have some suggestions however:

1. See how the certs are kind of tucked away to the side. You should highlight them a little, maybe bring them in with the education section, and call the section Education/Certifications. You do want the HR person to ensure they notice the certs.

2. Redo the Summary a little, see how you go "Analyst with 3 years experience of banking software". What were you doing the software, developing, administering or supporting? You'd better off saying "IT Professional with 3 years of software support experience". Just sounds better I guess, at the very least.

3. Bullet point your experience, easier to read IMO. In your Merchandiser role, surely in 2+ years you'd have done more than performing product stocking. Elaborate a little.

Hope this helps!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • schmalz2schmalz2 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this resume must be flawless as I haven't had anyone say anything bad or give me some pointers.

Anybody have any tips or suggestions?

Did you revise your resume? If so, can you post it? I like the style and you didn't get much feedback.