Options

Is this possible?

mallyg27mallyg27 Member Posts: 139
I have my regular wireless router in house. Is it possible to connect my 2501 router to a wireless cisco linksys router so I can access the internet to play with the configurations? The reason I want to do this is because I don't want to lose my wireless access throughout my house. How can I do this, if possible?

Comments

• Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes it is possible. I have it setup on my 3640. I have my Cisco e3000 connected with a straight cable. Assign a IP address from your range on your Cisco wireless onto the 2500 ethernet. Setup a default route on the 2500 to send all non matched routes to that interface.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    mallyg27mallyg27 Member Posts: 139
    Yes it is possible. I have it setup on my 3640. I have my Cisco e3000 connected with a straight cable. Assign a IP address from your range on your Cisco wireless onto the 2500 ethernet. Setup a default route on the 2500 to send all non matched routes to that interface.

What if you want to add two or three routers, how would you do that since you can't subnet on the wireless router? Because I know every serial link must be on a different subnet.