Options

Boson ExSim-Max CCENT

Steveg31Steveg31 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
So is this the practice test everyone is recommending for the CCENT? "Its harder than the actual test so you're guaranteed to pass if you score in the 90's"
I bought it yesterday and scored an 86% on my first run through. The Sims were pretty difficult. But hopefully that 86% is a good sign :)

Comments

• Options
    JamesFigueroaJamesFigueroa Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow man thats awesome. I have yet to actually finish one because my brain gets fizzled out working through the sims and scenarios. From what people say here that is a very good sign
  • Options
    Thanks. Yea I know what you mean. I really had to push myself to go through all the questions in under 90 minutes. Then I slept for the rest of the day.
    Those simulations are beasts though. Geez. I'm trying to get to the point of completing them in under 10 minutes.

But yea man, just push yourself. Say "I want that darn CCNA!" icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    MierdinMierdin Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are there any other practice tests that would be recommended, or is the Ex-Sim MAX one "the practice test" if you want to validate your knowledge? What about for the CCNA 640-802 composite, is this still the best practice test?
    "We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

Current Focus: CCIE R/S
    Blog -- Keeping It Classless
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I bought this Ex sim MAX program last week, I did about 180 odd questions for the CCENT practice exam. I only scored 49% but i have only covered upto chapter 5 (i think there is 18 or 19 in total) of wendell odoms book and almost half way through the videos of TS and cbt.
    Got a long way to go. I probably was premature in doing these questions now but i want to do the questions again after i have finished studying for ICND1 and hopefully see some improvements.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    Well I would say thats pretty good for completing half of your studies. After taking the practice test a few times (the random option) I feel that I'm getting very familiar with the questions and how everything is worded. Scoring 80%+ each time.
    I think I'm going to schedule my test for the last week of August :D
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Nice work on the practice tests!

Did you upgrade from the Boson Exam Environment by chance? I'm curious to know the difference in test engine and question format.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    If you mean the practice test that came with Odom's book then yes.

I would say that there is a pretty big difference. The BEE multiple choice questions that wants you to pick more than one doesn't tell you exactly how many you're suppose to pick. ExSim-Max does and I hear it is also like that on the test.

Ex-Max also has MUCH harder Simlet questions and it has Testlet questions also. BEE doesn't have Testlet questions.

Ex-Max tests your knowledge and speed thoroughly on subnetting as almost every questions involves subnetting.

Theres a maybe 1 or 2 more differences that I'm forgetting right now. But Ex-Max is a much better practice test. Really makes your brain work.
  • Options
    Steveg31 wrote: »
    If you mean the practice test that came with Odom's book then yes.

I would say that there is a pretty big difference. The BEE multiple choice questions that wants you to pick more than one doesn't tell you exactly how many you're suppose to pick. ExSim-Max does and I hear it is also like that on the test.

Ex-Max also has MUCH harder Simlet questions and it has Testlet questions also. BEE doesn't have Testlet questions.

Ex-Max tests your knowledge and speed thoroughly on subnetting as almost every questions involves subnetting.

Theres a maybe 1 or 2 more differences that I'm forgetting right now. But Ex-Max is a much better practice test. Really makes your brain work.

Thanks for that. I've been in debate about spending more money on exam prep, but Ex-Max might be worth it.

Do the simlets have that same horrible small question area?

• Options
    asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mierdin wrote: »
    Are there any other practice tests that would be recommended, or is the Ex-Sim MAX one "the practice test" if you want to validate your knowledge? What about for the CCNA 640-802 composite, is this still the best practice test?

You may also try from these sources (testlet/simlet type questions are provided):
    CCNA Exam Simulator Download
    Transcender Cisco CCNA Certification Training |Practice Exams | Online Training, and
    for network simulator,
    Network Simulator Designer
  • Options
    I went with the Ex-Sim MAX test for the CCNA 640-802.

That $99 purchase was worth every penny. Huge recommendation from me. That practice exam was a huge part of me passing the CCNA a few days ago.
    "We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

• Options
    SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Mierdin wrote: »
    I went with the Ex-Sim MAX test for the CCNA 640-802.

That $99 purchase was worth every penny. Huge recommendation from me. That practice exam was a huge part of me passing the CCNA a few days ago.

Was waiting on someone to confirm it was indeed worth it. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be buying it when I'm ready for the test.
  • Options
    I would say so, yes. Most say that the test is intentionally more difficult than the real thing, and that passing the exams bundled within is a pretty good indication that you're ready for the test.

I would be careful about assuming that a pass for one of the exams in the bundle means you can pass the CCNA right away, but it is a relatively accurate indicator of your knowledge level, and certainly an excellent study guide if you pay attention to the explanations.

I found this to be much more helpful (and fewer mistakes) than the practice tests bundled with the ICND1 and ICND2 Cisco Press books by Wendell Odom.

• Options
    SdotLow wrote: »
    Was waiting on someone to confirm it was indeed worth it. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be buying it when I'm ready for the test.

It might be worthwhile to buy before your at the end of your studies. You can search out keywords and do exams based on that, which will ensure you have a good grasp of a particular topic prior to moving on to another. Especially, considering the consensus is that the Boson testing ensures you know the topics inside and out. Then when it comes time for sitting the exam, you'll ace the Boson tests easily (hopefully ensuring a pass on the CCNA).

• Options
    The Ex-Sim Max tests are difficult enough that they should probably be saved for the last few weeks before you are taking the exam. If you're just utterly failing them, my recommendation is to reschedule.

My reasoning there is that there are a limited number of tests included, and repeatedly taking them can cause one to memorize answers and not pay attention to the concepts. If you're getting the test as a validation that you know your stuff, you'll want to try to actually pass each exam and treat it like the real thing.

There are other less expensive and sometimes free practice tests that can be used as study guides to get you there.

• Options
    mosesmiclatmosesmiclat Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, how do you know if a site is offering a brain **** or a legit exam prep software?

Also I would like to ask if you know any alternative sites for the BosonExsim Exam prep.

I would like to use BosonExim but I don't have enough money for it.
  • Options
    asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, how do you know if a site is offering a brain **** or a legit exam prep software?

Also I would like to ask if you know any alternative sites for the BosonExsim Exam prep.

I would like to use BosonExim but I don't have enough money for it.

Apart from Boson ExSim, you can try these practice tests:
    Transcender Cisco 640-802 Exam | CCNA Certification Training Products $140 (a little expensive)
    CertExams.com CCNA certification Practice Tests $30
    SemSim 640-802 CCNA Practice Exams: CCNA Test Practice $40