Options

Stop being held back by yourself

demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
Your Excuses Literally Possess You Like a Demon

i read that earlier this morning ... it really hit home so i thought id share it here
wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:

Comments

• Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Agree with that article, I do. I know I have been guilty of letting my excuses possess me at times, like right now. I know I need to hit my studies harder, and need to start working out, need to get things done around the house, but I always find an excuse why I can't.

I just need a good kick in the *** lol.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I know I'm not saint and I have excuses too. But I know exactly what this guy is talking about. Nearly everyday I come across someone who can't do this or can't do that. It's really pathetic to listen to sometimes.

If you give yourself the chance, you will amaze yourself 9 times out of 10 and uncover a vast new world that you believed out of reach. 5 years ago I never imagined I would be sitting where I am today. But I gave it the old college try, put in a lot of hard work, and here I sit. Again, by no means perfect and I still have lots to get done. But every day I try to move a little closer and one day I'll be there.

+1 on the find. I intend to share this with some people.

Reminds me of this. I found this sometime back, pulled it off youtube and stuck it on my ipod (which I really only listen to when working out). Michael Jordan was a child hero of mine, so this hits home and inspires me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH8nTfxwByY
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good read, thanks for posting this.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Great article , its nice to read a good motivational guide here and there. Thanks!icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    here yall are to add to it

5 habits holding you back -- and how to change them on Shine

alot of those can cause undue stress and effect you in all aspects of your life
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: