Options

Passed ICND 1, moving on to ICND 2, need suggestion on book

Darth RuprechtDarth Ruprecht Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Okay,

I've passed the ICDN 1 today to obtain my CCENT with a score of 812, just barely passed. I am now moving on to the ICND 2 for CCNA certification.

I have two books available to me for preparation through my company;

CCNA ICND 2 Office Exam Certification Guide, Second Edition
by Wendell Odom
First Published in August of '07

and

Authorized Self-Study Guide
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2(ICND 2)
by Steve McQuerry
First Published in February of '08

I used Wendell Odom's ICND 1 book to pass that test, though just barely.

I am wondering which of these two will be the best and easiest to grasp for someone fairly new to Cisco.

Thanks in advance.

Darth Ruprecht

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the Pass icon_cheers.gif and CCENT icon_cheers.gif

Usually the Certification Study Guides are review for the exam and you'd usually read them after reading the Self-Study Guides -- but Wendell's CCNA books are pretty much complete so we don't usually mention Steve's CCNA Self-Study Series books.

Since you barely passed, you may want to take the time and read Steve's book first -- and then Wendell's book. But if you only want to read one book, then it would be Wendell's.

The 2nd book we'll usually recommend is Todd Lammle's CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802. There is a newer 7th edition that reflects some of the tweaks made to the CCNA exam blueprint, but the 6th edition still is fine. Reading it could also fill in some of your ICND1 gaps so you have a solid foundation for your ICND2 studies. icon_study.gif

Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!