Options

Chess app

erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
I am probably going to start going to the chess club again. I am thinking of taking up Muay Thai and BJJ at a local shop around here. Go out these and do something (and/or someone).

I would like to start/be part of/a TE Chess Club, or any Chess club. I'm grateful that I have a chess app on my Droid Charge. I just haven't had time to really play with people (even over Yahoo). Trying to get this school thing done with.

Aiki-Jujitsu is something I want to get back into. I got into my AJ stance with that football player and that's what helped dodge his wild punches before I was able to get in there and properly do what has to be done. My friends like BJJ/MMA but I prefer to do something traditional.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I would like to start/be part of/a TE Chess Club, or any Chess club. I'm grateful that I have a chess app on my Droid Charge. I just haven't had time to really play with people (even over Yahoo). Trying to get this school thing done with.

Chess buddies is the app I use on my EVO. Download it. Do it now. Robert (on here) is pretty hardcore about chess. I'd love to play him...after I do some practice. Don't tell him that though lol.
    Aiki-Jujitsu is something I want to get back into. I got into my AJ stance with that football player and that's what helped dodge his wild punches before I was able to get in there and properly do what has to be done. My friends like BJJ/MMA but I prefer to do something traditional.

I use to do Tang Soo Do ( tang soo do soo bahk do moo duk kwan). I'd really LOVE to finish my blue belt. I was at orange (actually 7th gup) when my instructor left (and school closed). There are not very many Tang soo do shops in my neck of the woods but there are plenty taekwondo shops (which is not the same thing icon_twisted.gif). I really want to do BJJ because I use to wrestle in highschool and I want to join an adult league. I am not going to lie, Tony Jaa made me want to do MT. That is all...icon_lol.gif
    http://www.jtpowlette.com/tang_soo_do_belt_system.html
    jahsoul wrote: »
    lmbo......you are a fool. I don't have a ponytail but I have freeform dreads (and people here on base hate it because I'm the epitome of everything that was said couldn't be successful i.e. think outside the box, don't follow the "corporate" look *but I'm the best dressed person here; they just hate the fact that I have dreads*, choose to let work speak for him, .etc.). I sacrificed more than most to get into this career field and that leap of faith paid off.

True enough, I spend a lot of my time studying but I have a hot wife that understands!!! icon_thumright.gif

Let me start by saying I shouldn't condone fornication, that isn't very Christ-like of me icon_sad.gif

Now as far as the dreads, that's pretty cool. I have always wanted dreads but you have to go through the "nappy" phase (growing your hair out into an afro) and that isn't very corporate either. I actually had my hair pretty decently long but then I decided I wanted a new job so I cut my hair down. Now that I have one, I might go ahead and do it. There is a guy here with two full sleeves and the President says nothing about it. I should be ok as long as I keep them up. Speaking of which, how do you keep yours up? Do you use Bee's wax or something else? My aunt (who has had dreads since the dawn of time) said that you should have them done by a pro for the first few times before you start doing it yourself because you can put too much wax or wrap them too tight (and really mess yourself up).
  • Options
    Chess buddies is the app I use on my EVO. Download it. Do it now. Robert (on here) is pretty hardcore about chess. I'd love to play him...after I do some practice. Don't tell him that though lol.

Done. Even got the Pro version for $3. I will reach out to the both of you though via PM when I'm ready and I have "my mind right." But the APP has been installed on your say-so. :)

If you want to get your practice and confidence on though, you MUST get the Chess app from AI Factory Limited (and buy it too...don't deal with ads, man...it was also cheap). If you're whooping butt on level one, then you're ready to whopp butt on level 2...and if you whopp butt on level 2, go to level 3, etc., etc. until you get to level 10. Your mind gets sharp when you play chess at a high level, but because I don't frequently keep up with it, I had to start crawling. (But I'm no slouch either...beware of my gambits.... lmao!)
  • Options
    Done. Even got the Pro version for $3. I will reach out to the both of you though via PM when I'm ready and I have "my mind right." But the APP has been installed on your say-so. :)

If you want to get your practice and confidence on though, you MUST get the Chess app from AI Factory Limited (and buy it too...don't deal with ads, man...it was also cheap). If you're whooping butt on level one, then you're ready to whopp butt on level 2...and if you whopp butt on level 2, go to level 3, etc., etc. until you get to level 10. Your mind gets sharp when you play chess at a high level, but because I don't frequently keep up with it, I had to start crawling. (But I'm no slouch either...beware of my gambits.... lmao!)

I HATE gambits but gambit was one of my favorite X Mem. Odd. I'll pick up the app.

OH guess what I just found: A Tang Soo Doo school in my area that is soo bahk do :)
  • Options
    I HATE gambits but gambit was one of my favorite X Mem. Odd.

I usually hate having popular favorites, but because Wolverine is so badass, I have to do it. Cyclops is too much of a "woosy".. lol. My fiancee loves Gambit too...though, she only knew him from the cartoons, of course. I actually went through a comic-book phase in high school. Cable would have been another good favorite, but he wasn't well-developed IMO. Marvel just wanted to focus on the money makers. (X-Men, Spiderman, etc., etc.) Cable could have been that moneymaker.

To sum up why I like gambits though...."Your free piece is my victory." :)
  • Options
    I usually hate having popular favorites, but because Wolverine is so badass, I have to do it. Cyclops is too much of a "woosy".. lol. My fiancee loves Gambit too...though, she only knew him from the cartoons, of course. I actually went through a comic-book phase in high school. Cable would have been another good favorite, but he wasn't well-developed IMO. Marvel just wanted to focus on the money makers. (X-Men, Spiderman, etc., etc.) Cable could have been that moneymaker.

I hate giving up something without absolute surety that the result I want is going to happen. I take my pieces very seriously, even the pawns. A well placed pawn wall can stop a queen.

So true about Cable. Cable and Bishop would have been excellent in the live action movies but they would have complicated things. Psylocke would have been awesome as well. Wolverine is the best character by far because he is just a throw back, the john wayne of cartoons. Cyclops was too political and you could tell he would be a better general vs a soldier.

I really hope they make something like a marvel vs Capcon movie. You cannot tell me that this wouldn't be a cool movie (or movie series): Marvel vs. Capcom (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If conan can be remade, we should be able to get a m vs c movie. Just saying.
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462

Apocalypse was by far my favorite, especially in the age of apocalypse series, cable was a close second then nightcrawler. I actually still have most of my comics. Can't sell them and I don't want to throw them away, figure my son might pick them up one day.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Speaking of Marvel vs. Capcom, do we have any players here?
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you're whooping butt on level one, then you're ready to whopp butt on level 2...and if you whopp butt on level 2, go to level 3, etc., etc. until you get to level 10.

And what happens when the computer is whooping butt on level 1...
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »

Same as what happens when anything rudimentery is whooping butt--assess why that is, take corrective action (a good chess book...to learn basic openings, mid-games, end-games), and start again.

I started playing chess when I was 12 (and that's considered "old" in the chess world. Many masters/grand masters started chess at a much younger age. While it's certainly possible for anyone to reach Master level at an older age, it is very difficult. To reach that level realistically, you have to devote a good day to it...and JUST to chess....chess is no joke, my friend, but when learned, it is much better than checkers.)
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Devilsbane wrote: »

That means you belong at Super Weenie Hut Jr!
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    I hate giving up something without absolute surety that the result I want is going to happen. I take my pieces very seriously, even the pawns. A well placed pawn wall can stop a queen.

With sacrifice comes victory. In general, a gambit is usually done to open the board up. One has to know what they want to do with the board though...you can't just willy-nilly give pieces for free. Of course, one can ignore the gambit, but usually that doesn't happen because a big-dawg piece is probably threatened, or in worst-case, mate is imminent.
    So true about Cable. Cable and Bishop would have been excellent in the live action movies but they would have complicated things. Psylocke would have been awesome as well. Wolverine is the best character by far because he is just a throw back, the john wayne of cartoons. Cyclops was too political and you could tell he would be a better general vs a soldier.

I really hope they make something like a marvel vs Capcon movie. You cannot tell me that this wouldn't be a cool movie (or movie series): Marvel vs. Capcom (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If conan can be remade, we should be able to get a m vs c movie. Just saying.

I never cared for Cyclops boy scout approach to things. Probably the same reason why I never cared for Superman, either and was more into Batman. Psylocke was just hot...period. :)

+1 on a Marvel vs. Capcom movie....I have MvC 3 for PS3...though I'm more into Black Ops these days. But I would pay money to see a movie.
    Panzer919 wrote: »
    Apocalypse was by far my favorite, especially in the age of apocalypse series, cable was a close second then nightcrawler. I actually still have most of my comics. Can't sell them and I don't want to throw them away, figure my son might pick them up one day.

Apocalypse was certainly an interesting villain. He made characters like Angel badass (Archangel) and gave Wolverine his adamantium back....(Wolverine without the adamantium is like you and I without arms and legs....it ain't right!) He'd make an excellent movie villain. (Let's give Magneto a break.....lmao.)
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I might have to look at picking up that app. I miss playing chess. When I worked at Radio Shack in HS, my manager and I would play all the time on one of the demo electronic boards there. I worked in a small town so business was usually slow lol.

I try and play a game here and there, but as said, I usually have to crawl and the level 1 gives me a run for my money at times. I wouldn't say I was "good" by any means, but I wasn't bad either.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    Same as what happens when anything rudimentery is whooping butt--assess why that is, take corrective action (a good chess book...to learn basic openings, mid-games, end-games), and start again.

I started playing chess when I was 12 (and that's considered "old" in the chess world. Many masters/grand masters started chess at a much younger age. While it's certainly possible for anyone to reach Master level at an older age, it is very difficult. To reach that level realistically, you have to devote a good day to it...and JUST to chess....chess is no joke, my friend, but when learned, it is much better than checkers.)

Have you heard about this guy:

Magnus Carlsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I never cared for Cyclops boy scout approach to things. Probably the same reason why I never cared for Superman, either and was more into Batman.

My wife and I got into a very interesting discussion about why we hate Captain America and Superman (and Cyclops but Havok was sweet). It was very interesting. I have read some less than favorable reviews about the movie. I am not shocked at all....
    Psylocke was just hot...period. icon_smile.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

They probably could have made a movie for her (rather than electra )
  • Options
    Have you heard about this guy:

Magnus Carlsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My wife and I got into a very interesting discussion about why we hate Captain America and Superman (and Cyclops but Havok was sweet). It was very interesting. I have read some less than favorable reviews about the movie. I am not shocked at all....

icon_biggrin.gif

They probably could have made a movie for her (rather than electra )

I would watch a Psylocke movie. :D

Sadly, I haven't followed Chess news for years...other than Bobby Fischer and his sad road to dementia and Kasporav/Big Blue. That kid seems like he has a bright future and I hope that he won't suffer Fischer's fate. We need more American representation in world scene though.

I'm going to wait for Captain America to come out on video. Also Green Lantern. I was never much of an Avenger fan to begin with, as I also found them to be a bunch of (w)ussies.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the the wolverine anime? It features another old great villain Omega Red
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the the wolverine anime? It features another old great villain Omega Red

I have it was pretty sweet. Did you see the latest Hulk VS Wolverine anime? I didn't care for it so much.
  • Options

I think it's on streaming Netflix (I think....I'd have to see).

Omega Red and Venom....two of the best hack characters ever on the Marvel arcade games. If you played with those two well, it was usually a wrap.
  • Options
    I usually rolled with wolverine, venom and war machine. Made for some great combo's.

No I haven't seen the hulk vs wolverine one. I was very into the iron man anime and they spun wolverine off of that. 2 very good series to watch if you can.
    Cisco Brat Blog

Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□

Why don't I do you guys a favor? I'm one of biggest fan of chess. I may not be very good, but I played better than most people I played with in persons, so my only challenge was yahoo. These people stimulates my mind, and I love it. I also have Chess with Friends app on my iPhone. You guys should see a chess club coming up soon.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I never thought I would say it.... But this is the nerdiest poast I have ever seen on this board.