Options

Paper or PDF?

JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
I know I saw a thread on this but searched and didn't find what I thought I saw at some point... so I'll ask anyway, but with my own question after, which I don't recall seeing either...

What do you think is the best way to get for your certificate once you've passed? Paper mailed to you or the PDF?

One thing that might make a difference would be if there is some raised seal or a shiny stamp or something from Cisco on the physical document they mail to you as opposed to just a piece of paper that's printed in high resolution with a "picture" of such a thing (which you could print yourself over & over again so long as you have ink, nice paper and a good printer) What would be a compelling reason to get the paper mailed to you instead? Do they include other docs/info that make you feel any better than just getting a single pdf image and a congratulatory email you can kiss on your screen?

Any certified folks want to weigh in on this?

Comments

• Options
    mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    IMO for me the quick and easy PDF was most convenient...wanted to get that cert up on the wall and move on to the next one. If it was a CCIE, I might have a different tune.

Also worth noting that, I had my original A+ and Net+ certs framed...but my Sec+ was the new style/colors. In my CompTIA profile I was able to download updated A+ and Net+ certs in the new style, and frame them to match my Sec+.

Back to point - Not sure about the specifics on the paper materials from Cisco, have only chosen PDF thus far myself.
  • Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    I went with the paper, I can always scan it for the pdf version.