Options

W00!

treynoldstreynolds Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
W00!

My OSCP exam took me 19 hours and I got the results today :) Another cert to add to my collection hehe

:D

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats! excellent work.

i am about to start the oscp journey tomorrow, looking forward to it.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good work there. How did you feel the experience compared to the OSWP?
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    OSWP and OSCP both really great courses and exams.

I think that these courses complement each other really well, and I would do both again if I had the choice.

OSCP I would say is my favourite out of the two, you don't get more hardcore than a 24 hour exam unless you do OSCE :)

Now, what additional certs to go for...
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats trey! Can we get a review of the course? :P
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    treynolds wrote: »
    W00!

My OSCP exam took me 19 hours and I got the results today :) Another cert to add to my collection hehe

:D

Congratulations! How long did you study for it? Would you dare to say that 30 days of lab access is enough?

Great job!
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    ipchain wrote: »
    Congratulations! How long did you study for it? Would you dare to say that 30 days of lab access is enough?

Great job!

when doing research everything i have read has said to get at least 60 days if not more.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    @rogue2shadow, there are plenty of reviews already on The Ethical Hacker Network which go into alot more detail than I could personally write, but is this ok

"I love a good challenge and this course definitely gave that to me even with the 24 hour practical exam"

They say it's a beginners course, but I had to learn alot of new skills on the fly while doing the course. I initially signed up with a 60 day lab, but I extended it another 30 days for a total of 90 days.

Spending about 10 hours a day in the offsec lab for about 80 days takes alot out of you, but it becomes addictive :)
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome job, I was just reading your thread on The Ethical Hacker Network as well. Im probably about 6 months away, I cant wait for the OSCP and OSCE. I hear they are amazing. I would definitely prefer OSCP/OSCE than any of the SANS courses.
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    when doing research everything i have read has said to get at least 60 days if not more.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I will keep that in mind when I am ready for OSCP.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    iVictoriVictor Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sweet! it's on my to-do list for someday.
    This is the Right Time
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    treynolds wrote: »
    @rogue2shadow, there are plenty of reviews already on The Ethical Hacker Network which go into alot more detail than I could personally write, but is this ok

"I love a good challenge and this course definitely gave that to me even with the 24 hour practical exam"

They say it's a beginners course, but I had to learn alot of new skills on the fly while doing the course. I initially signed up with a 60 day lab, but I extended it another 30 days for a total of 90 days.

Spending about 10 hours a day in the offsec lab for about 80 days takes alot out of you, but it becomes addictive :)

I definitely ran through those reviews a couple times in the past but I didn't know we were allowed to cite other cert/tech forum sites on this forum icon_lol.gif.

Your summary works!
  • Options
    sb97sb97 Member Posts: 109