Options

Metasploit Book

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
So it was finally released, hopefully so one will post a review and let us know how much Ruby knowledge is required for the book (hint hint JD hahaha)

Amazon.com: Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide (9781593272883): David Kennedy, Jim O'Gorman, Devon Kearns, Mati Aharoni: Books
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    i'm about halfway through so i'm unable to post my complete thoughts on the book but so far it has been a nice welcome to metasploit book. i also really enjoy the author(s?) writing style and presentation especially with how they number and review the actual output from metasploit. at this point i would compare it to a more in depth metaploit unleashed. looking to finish it up this weekend so i can give a better review once i see where it is going.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    side note to help answer your question somewhat: halfway through and no ruby knowledge is needed yet....
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cool thanks for the info!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    the book just arrived yesterday, hopefully I'll have it read by Sunday night. So far its an interesting read. No ruby as of yet.
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    I pre-ordered this one last time I ordered books from amazon.com, so it should it arriving this week. I can't wait to get my hands on it as we're procuring (3) licenses of Metasploit Pro, so it should come in very handy.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.