Options

is anyone else addicted to security books?

YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
The past 2 weeks I bought: The new metasploit book, backtrack 4 ,python programming, and the wireshark study guide. I've read the metasploit and backtrack book over the past week, now Im going to hit the 900 page wireshark book.

I have 30 other books on my wish list with Amazon, so after wireshark..on too more. The more I learn from these books, the more I want to read IT security/pen testing books.

Does anyone else have this addiction?

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    All I can say is study whatever you are motivated to. If you find a tremendous desire to work your way through any kind of hands-on study guide then you should be doing just that.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    thanks JD. Have any suggestions?
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The past 2 weeks I bought: The new metasploit book, backtrack 4 ,python programming, and the wireshark study guide. I've read the metasploit and backtrack book over the past week, now Im going to hit the 900 page wireshark book.

I have 30 other books on my wish list with Amazon, so after wireshark..on too more. The more I learn from these books, the more I want to read IT security/pen testing books.

I am addicted to the CCNP Security course work for right now, i too have the metasploit, backtrack , and some CEH books on my amazon list. However my priority is the CCNP Security cert before i venture off to other studies, however i am excited to learn anything about security right now. icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297

I can relate, but family changed all that. I still read every now and then, but balance is the key.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.