Working at Sony

Some of u may remember I made a post a few weeks ago talking about getting run down and how my eventual goal was to work at Sony. I also mentioned I got an interview to work a low paying gig there. So heres some updates for any interested.

-I dont work directly for Sony yet. I work for a contractor as a sub-contractor. But there is the chance to be picked up by Sony.
-I had to take a 3 day training course and pass a test. I passed! Waiting to be assigned a schedule.
-I really like it there. Everyone i work with is a nerd like me and gets all my nerd references!
-Theres break/rec rooms! (ive never worked a job with an actual break or rec room hahaha)

-I love it there. I hope to get experience and eventually get picked up as a Sony employee. Tho I dont want to be satisfied there. I hear Sony is big on promoting from within and I would like to apply for better positions once I finish my degree and get some certs!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice keep it up!! icon_thumright.gif
    I'm also trying to work my way into the gaming industry as a Systems/Network Administrator
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I would advise against giving Sony your personal information if you know whats good for ya ;)
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good stuff mayne, hope it works out.
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great to hear.
    Thanx for the update and major congratz to you.icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, keep it up man and let us know about your progress icon_exclaim.gificon_thumright.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    I would advise against giving Sony your personal information if you know whats good for ya ;)

lol amen to that!icon_lol.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    chrisone wrote: »
    lol amen to that!icon_lol.gif

Stay away from the SQL team!
  • DragonrangerDragonranger Member Posts: 101
    Thanks all Im really excited and cant wait to be assigned to a project.
    crrussell3 wrote: »

Ha! More like giving your info to anyone. Since the whole PSN thing PBS, Honda, Nintendo, the Pentagon and NATO have all been hacked. I think the UK public health website and the Arizona police dept have also reported being hacked. The internet truly is the wild west of our time.
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Thanks all Im really excited and cant wait to be assigned to a project.

Ha! More like giving your info to anyone. Since the whole PSN thing PBS, Honda, Nintendo, the Pentagon and NATO have all been hacked. I think the UK public health website and the Arizona police dept have also reported being hacked. The internet truly is the wild west of our time.

That's what makes the whole field of Infosec so cool; it really is the wild west right now.
  • LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also Bank of America and Lockheed Martin.