CCNP : Switch passed :D

bomber456bomber456 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got back from the testing center having passed my CCNP Switch exam! first try too, still a tough exam!

On to the final one now : Tshoot!

woop icon_cheers.gif

Comments

  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow CISSP, GXPN, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, eMAPT, CEH, CNDA, A+, Network+, Security+ Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job man! One more to go!

    How soon do you think you'll be taking TSHOOT?

  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your pass!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • bomber456bomber456 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job man! One more to go!

    How soon do you think you'll be taking TSHOOT?

    hoping to get it nailed within 4 weeks, providing im able to get the study time in! :)
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Well done. A week or so should be ample time for TSHOOT, as long as your ROUTE wasn't that long ago
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • bomber456bomber456 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Chris_ wrote: »
    Well done. A week or so should be ample time for TSHOOT, as long as your ROUTE wasn't that long ago
    was 6 weeks ago tomorrow, so should be ok.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    bomber456 wrote: »
    was 6 weeks ago tomorrow, so should be ok.

    So you passed ROUTE 6 weeks ago, meaning it took you 6 weeks for the SWITCH exam, correct? Very nice. You must have put in a good deal of labs and reading eh.. How long did it take you for the ROUTE exam, if I may ask? I'm going through ROUTE studies now and am just curious
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Congrats on passing SWITCH! I hated that one so much that I failed it once before eventually passing it myself. I took TSHOOT and ROUTE before my SWITCH retake. I just found the exam so sloppy and riddled with errors :)

    So congrats again!
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PsychoFin wrote: »
    I just found the exam so sloppy and riddled with errors :)

    I will agree on that... Few misspellings, incorrect grammar, missing spaces. One thing I LOVED though, was the inclusion of the 'do' command. When I took the NP tests the first time to lack of it drove me crazy... Now if they would only add ctrl-z...
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    bomber456 wrote: »
    Just got back from the testing center having passed my CCNP Switch exam! first try too, still a tough exam!

    On to the final one now : Tshoot!

    woop icon_cheers.gif


    Good job dude icon_thumright.gif what lab/written material did you use to prepare for the exam?
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • bomber456bomber456 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MrBrian wrote: »
    So you passed ROUTE 6 weeks ago, meaning it took you 6 weeks for the SWITCH exam, correct? Very nice. You must have put in a good deal of labs and reading eh.. How long did it take you for the ROUTE exam, if I may ask? I'm going through ROUTE studies now and am just curious

    a couple of months for the route, on and off for awhile really, found it much harder than the switch exam.
    used a lot of gns3 for the route exam, and built my own lab for the switch exam (2x 3550 and 3x2950).
  • MoeeedMoeeed Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, congratulations on the Pass, icon_cheers.gif

    can you please the list of material you used?

    I passed my CCNA June 16 and I have read the CCNP Switch Book but now I am practicing.

    Please provide some works of wisdom.
Sign In or Register to comment.