Options

How you look fixing a computer

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Some clients I've been to act like I'm dressed up in a clown's suit ready to put on a circus act.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    undomiel wrote: »
    Some clients I've been to act like I'm dressed up in a clown's suit ready to put on a circus act.

*juggling to Entry of the Gladiators.*
  • Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    I consider myself a professional Googler.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LucasMN wrote: »
    I consider myself a professional Googler.

whats bad is, I'll pull it up while they are sitting right next to me....lmao icon_lol.gif and I'll explain what I did icon_cheers.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    I sometimes wonder what I would do without a navigation system and Google in my life. A scary thought. :D
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    That was some funny stuff lol icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    whats bad is, I'll pull it up while they are sitting right next to me....lmao icon_lol.gif and I'll explain what I did icon_cheers.gif

I don't go that far. I just say "Let me look into it for a couple minutes". Then they're none the wiser. icon_cool.gif. I like them to think I am God.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    While Googling is great and everything, I aint judging, studying for the Windows Internals exam has really been making me take another look at actually digging into things. The "Case of the Unexplained" videos are amazing. Every Windows admin should have to watch them...

Mark's Webcasts
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    Google? Heck, Alta Vista, Lycos, and Ask were making me look like I knew what I was doing before there was a Google.

Google has also changed how software authors do their jobs too. When I think of how reliant I was on paper books and manuals to write software back in the 80's and 90's versus how much documentation and help I get now from Google, it certainly shows how the growth of online communities and resources have caused a major shift in how work gets done.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod