Options

CCNA Preparation...

NetAdmin84NetAdmin84 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
So the following are the books I'm using to prepare for my ICND2 Exam:

Cisco Press: CCNA Offical Exam Certification Library - Wendell Odom
Sybex: CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle
ExamCram: CCNA - Michael Valentine

I am also using Packet Tracer and GNS3 for my labs.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I just want to make sure I have a solid base on which to prepare for the exam, I did fairly well on the ICND1, but expect the ICND2 to be a bit more difficult. Any type of input would be much appreciated! :D
Currently reading:

Cisco Press: CCNA Offical Exam Certification Library - Wendell Odom
Sybex: CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle
ExamCram: CCNA - Michael Valentine

Currently pursuing:

CCNA - CWNA - MCTS

Comments

• Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    I've got all the resources you do except for the ExamCram book, with the addition of the Testout CCNA labsim. I've also found that Youtube has a lot to offer as far as studying; for example, I wanted a different spin on VTP, so I found some well-rated Youtube vids on VTP and watched them. I've also been labbing a lot when I have time.
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    I may know of a company that can provide CCNA/CCNP/CCIE level training for a fraction of the price of other companies. If interested PM me for details.
  • Options
    asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Has any body tried these:

CCNA Labs at Cisco labs training for CCNA and

Network Simulator: Available Router Labs.

There are several free sample questions at
    CCNA Sample Questions
  • Options
    phisherman82phisherman82 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCNA Study Guide 6th & 7th Edition - Differences? Worth waiting for 7th Edition? - Lammle Forum

there's a link to the forum and a link to AMAZON..These books will work for you 100% Fun to read and is what i credit to my almost PERFECT score. I fumbled and failed using ********* and Cisco Press. After I got Todd's book and read it, I passed with an almost perfect SCORE!! GET THIS BOOK PEOPLE!!!
  • Options
    toddlammletoddlammle Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    NetAdmin84, your direction seems solid.

If you have my 7th edition, email me the reciept at todd@lammle.com and I'll send you all my bonus material and labs you can do with packet tracer...you can practice all the hands-on labs you need for ICND2...

Cheers!
    Todd Lammle
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am following the same path and using the same study materials. Can you send some labs, Please

toddlammle wrote: »
    NetAdmin84, your direction seems solid.

If you have my 7th edition, email me the reciept at todd@lammle.com and I'll send you all my bonus material and labs you can do with packet tracer...you can practice all the hands-on labs you need for ICND2...

Cheers!
    Todd Lammle
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    jrob48jrob48 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've used the Testout products in the past and they are by far the best CBT out there.