Options

Lab questions...

SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
Hopefully this won't be an obnoxiously redundant set of questions.

So I have...

(2) 3550 Switches
(2) 1760 Routers

I've just purchased 2 WIC-1T cards for my routers, as well as 2 cables as I plan on getting a 2610xm set up as well. I was going through the Andover site and saw a ton of WIC cards, which concerned me as to whether I got what I needed to set up a proper lab.

Will the two WIC-1T cards be enough to run a lab with the current hardware for my CCENT and CCNA purposes? I plan on getting a 2610xm or 2620xm put into the mix with a WIC-2T card (I don't know why yet, I've just read this is a good thing to do), just not right this moment. Should I strive to do this ASAP?

Right now I'm at the point in my studying where I'm comfortable moving around in CLI on individual peices of equipment. I have both of my switches set up and connected to my home internet so I can telnet into them from wherever I wish in my home. I have yet to connect my routers (obviously) into the mix because I don't have the WIC cards, and now I'm questioning whether I got the right cards to accomplish this.

The following is just an assumption I've made from my reading and tinkering with the equipment...

I'll be connecting the two routers together through the WIC-1T cards, connecting a router to one of the switches through an ethernet port (I'm assuming this fast ethernet port on my router is for this purpose?), and making a crossover cable to connect the two switches.

This would be until I get a 3rd router and can span them all out, correct?

Another question is when I get the third router, what would I need to connect my home Verizon Fios router to the 2610xm router? I'm assuming (again) that I'll connect that to the 2610xm, which will in turn connect to both the 1760's individually, and each 1760 will have it's own 3550 connected to it?

Sorry for the long winded post, I'm feeling a little lost and I can't find anything on the internet to clarify. I've tried searching the forums and can't really find a solid answer.