Options

70-680 MS Press 2nd edition?

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone know when the second edition of this book is out?
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• Options
    LAN_GuruLAN_Guru Member Posts: 119
    I doubt MS Press has plans to publish a 2nd Edition of the 70-680 book.
    Windows 7 is Windows 7. SP1 is a hotfix roll-up but it's still the same Windows 7...albeit with less issues.

There are a lot of changes and additions to Server 2008 R2 from Server 2008, hence the updated exams, hence the 2nd Edition books.

That said, the MS Press 70-680 book has more errors than any MS Press book I have ever read. The editors/proof-readers were definitely sleeping on the job...
    9/1 - Citrix A18 :study:
    9/20 - Citrix A19, 10/4 - Citrix A24, 10/18 - Citrix A08, 11/1 - Citrix A15, 11/17 - Cisco 640-802, 12/1 - Cisco 642-813, 12/15 - Cisco 642-902, 12/30 - Cisco 642-832
  • Options
    pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    LAN_Guru wrote: »
    I doubt MS Press has plans to publish a 2nd Edition of the 70-680 book.
    Windows 7 is Windows 7. SP1 is a hotfix roll-up but it's still the same Windows 7...albeit with less issues.

There are a lot of changes and additions to Server 2008 R2 from Server 2008, hence the updated exams, hence the 2nd Edition books.

That said, the MS Press 70-680 book has more errors than any MS Press book I have ever read. The editors/proof-readers were definitely sleeping on the job...

I think for the very reason the eratta is so long they will publish a second edition. Everyone with a first edition book should get a free replacement! it was the worst MSPress book ive read.
  • Options
    sthomsonsthomson Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Book reprint: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Windows 7 - Microsoft Press - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

If you register as per the instructions, you can get the updated pdf and CD content with the errata incorporated.
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with the above why should we have to pay for a errata? does anyone have a copy of the pdf file they could email me I would be most grateful :)
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    killwarkillwar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well didn't know a second edition has been released...

I passed my 70-680 exam using this book from cert guide

Amazon.com: MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide: Microsoft Windows 7, Configuring (9780789747075): Don Poulton: Books

Not that i dont like MS books but for this time i used something else that had less errors :D
  • Options
    SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Has anyone purchased the updated 70-680? I'm hesitant to buy one from Amazon, thinking I'll end up with a dated copy that no one wanted to buy.
  • Options
    ramirerramirer Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SdotLow wrote: »
    Has anyone purchased the updated 70-680? I'm hesitant to buy one from Amazon, thinking I'll end up with a dated copy that no one wanted to buy.
    Same here. Also Sybex is coming out with a second edition as well in Oct.

EDIT: Hmm... I only found the Corrected Reprint Edition on amazon.ca and the authors official website wanting full price.
  • Options
    Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    I have just passed this one and I used the MS press book and Tech-net. Tech-net was a massive help and actually was right :D.
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • Options
    eserfelizeserfeliz Member Posts: 134
    sthomson wrote: »
    Book reprint: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Windows 7 - Microsoft Press - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

If you register as per the instructions, you can get the updated pdf and CD content with the errata incorporated.

Thanks! What a deal!
    MCP, HDI-SCA, MCDST, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS

In progress: MCSA (70-290 & 70-291), CCENT, CCA XenDesktop 5