Options

new JNCIE-SP lab

cluedclued Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Juniper launched new JNCIE-SP lab since July. The official description of lab topics is very unspecific and does not help at all.

That would be very helpful if anyone has any knowledge on lab format, particularly on the following:

- what kinds of IPv6 configuration should be expected - basic (addressing, routing) or bit more advanced (6PE, 6vPE, ipv6 multicast)
- what kinds of L2 features on MX configuration should be expected - irb,vswitch, VSTP, ERP, etc. )
- what L2VPN should be expected - CCC, interworking, VPLS, L2VPN/VPLS multihoming, VPLS inter-as

old JNCIE lab guide is very good for most of lab features (routing, MPLS, VPN) so I assume it still can be used? Please, if anyone can advise on this that would be extremely helpful.

Comments

• Options
    mp9750mp9750 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    clued wrote: »
    Hi all,

Juniper launched new JNCIE-SP lab since July. The official description of lab topics is very unspecific and does not help at all.

That would be very helpful if anyone has any knowledge on lab format, particularly on the following:

- what kinds of IPv6 configuration should be expected - basic (addressing, routing) or bit more advanced (6PE, 6vPE, ipv6 multicast)
    - what kinds of L2 features on MX configuration should be expected - irb,vswitch, VSTP, ERP, etc. )
    - what L2VPN should be expected - CCC, interworking, VPLS, L2VPN/VPLS multihoming, VPLS inter-as

old JNCIE lab guide is very good for most of lab features (routing, MPLS, VPN) so I assume it still can be used? Please, if anyone can advise on this that would be extremely helpful.

I posted a similar question on the J-Net Community forum minutes ago! I have started to study for the JNCIE-SP exam too and i too find that the JNCIE-SP exam topics list is too high level and too vague. Not sure if this is done purposely or not, however if you compare the level of details given on the JNCIE-SP to the JNCIE-M/T old exam topics list, there is a huge gap.

We surely need some more clarification on what we should focus our study on i believe.
  • Options
    cluedclued Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mp9750 wrote: »
    I posted a similar question on the J-Net Community forum minutes ago! I have started to study for the JNCIE-SP exam too and i too find that the JNCIE-SP exam topics list is too high level and too vague. Not sure if this is done purposely or not, however if you compare the level of details given on the JNCIE-SP to the JNCIE-M/T old exam topics list, there is a huge gap.

We surely need some more clarification on what we should focus our study on i believe.

great, could you pls post the link to our j-net questions here
  • Options
    mp9750mp9750 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    clued wrote: »
    great, could you pls post the link to our j-net questions here

Sure, here you go. There is no answer to my question yet though.

JNCIE-SP Exam Topics? - J-Net Community

Thanks.