Options

DHCP in PT on multilayer SW

VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
Anyone ever get any bug issues with creating multiple dhcp scopes on multilayer sw ( the 3550) ? I got the 3550 set up to be a dhcp server for about 4 or 5 different scopes and only some work...seems like a bug. I got version 5.2 maybe I need to upgrade. Was wondering if anyone else ever ran across it.

Thanks
.ιlι..ιlι.
CISCO
"A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures

Comments

• Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    This is within packet tracer btw...just incase know one got the "PT" icon_lol.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    luisYmeluisYme Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi-
    on real hardware i've never come across that issue. one thing i would check (just a basic sanity check) is that the interfaces you want to use are in fact using an ip address for the dhcp pools you'd like to offer. if the interface isn't addressed with an ip in the same network as the dhcp pool, then that interface will not serve clients with that dhcp pool info.

good luck!