Options

Security+ Certified

MirzonMirzon Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thought I should finally make my first post after quite a few months of lurking.

Security+ Passed yesterday.
765...barely but a wins a win.

Materials used: Get Certified Get ahead by Darril Gibson both Kindle version and the audio file. The book was amazing and I only ran into a few topics I did not understand thoroughly on the test. I believe the audio file is well worth the $10. Being able to listen to all the questions and answers and the "remember" notes from the book all day at work definitely helped me pass.

Onto whats next (since it is always asked)

Began studying for my CCNA today hopefully will be taking it before the end of the year. CCNA: Security will be after that and then the jump to CCNP. I have a background in programming and a small amount in webdesign. I have done two semesters of Cisco training but it was over a decade ago. Anything else people want to know...just ask.

Comments

• Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congrats on the pass! Out of curiousity, did you pass the 201 or the 301?
  • Options
    MirzonMirzon Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was a debate for me but in the end I chose the 201 since I was using Darrils Book and he said it would not sufficient to take the 301. And thank you.
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    You're welcome. Nothing wrong with the 201, I was just curious. Actually, up until a few months ago there weren't really any resources for the 301 anyway lol. What's next up for you?
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice job welcome to the club
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63