Options

Passed Security +

XorakXorak Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed Security+ with a 881. Used Darrils book and read it 3 times. Did the exams in the book as well multiple times to the point where i wouldnt get lower then 90%. I found the practice questions on Comptia's site alot harder then the ones in the actual exam. On the exam saw some questions that looked a little unfamiliar with what i read in the book, and maybe those were the filler questions to grasp there difficulty for later implementation. Didnt find the exam overly difficult and if you studied and prepared you will be fine.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass -
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    dwolvindwolvin Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same here- DG's book, and an audio book on hte MP3 player on the ride in to work + the exams here worked for me. Not a perfect score (827), but only studied a month while also taking Java1, so thank you all for the site and forum! (now for N+)...
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!

Do you by chance have the full title of the DG or Darryl's book you are referring to? Perhaps a link to an amazon posting?

Thanks!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass!

Do you by chance have the full title of the DG or Darryl's book you are referring to? Perhaps a link to an amazon posting?

Thanks!

I can only assume its the same one everyone raves about. And of course if all the cool kids are doing it then so am I :)

Amazon.com: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide (9781439236369): Darril Gibson: Books
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Thanks Blackout!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Skoal_ManSkoal_Man Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice work. Welcome.
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Blackout!

No problem!
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    darrels books helped me pass last month as well. congrats!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • Options
    MierdinMierdin Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I noticed that book is for the SY-201. Is there any reason to take the new 301? What's the difference between the two?
    "We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

Current Focus: CCIE R/S
    Blog -- Keeping It Classless