Options

Teamviewer on home lab to study remotely?

I was wondering have anyone tried installing Teamviewer on their home lab and use it to study from work with your laptop? I'm asking this because my laptop is way too crappy to host 3 or more guest machines but my desktop at home is sufficient. Most of my studying time comes at work and I'm rarely at home.

Was wondering if all the UI's work properly in Teamviewer in conjunction with the Virtualbox interface full screen'd.
Completed Courses:
SSC1, SST1, AXV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, AHV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, GAC1, IWC1, INC1, HHT1, LAT1, QLT1, CLC1, IWT1 TPV1, INT1, TSV1, LET1, BOV1, AJV1, ORC1, MGC1, BRV1, AIV1, WFV1,
TWA1, CPW2
Incompleted Courses:
nothing :)

Comments

• Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ive used it and not encountered any errors. Its a great tool for doing remote desktop while traversing firewalls.
  • Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    I use Log Me In to access my home lab. I have it installed on my laptop, which is not on the domain but I can access the vsphere client from there to turn on or shut down machines/the physical server.

I also have it installed on my DC, which is a vm. From there I can hop around to any other VM's that I need to.

I only need to use it when my VPN fails though.
  • Options
    LogMeIn is not free correct? Team viewer is free as long as its for personal use.
  • Options
    MrAgent wrote: »
    LogMeIn is not free correct? Team viewer is free as long as its for personal use.

LogMeIn has both a free and paid version. I've been using the free version for about a year now and haven't run into any issues.
  • Options
    Ah, good to know. I always thought it had to be paid for.
  • Options
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Ah, good to know. I always thought it had to be paid for.

Seems that all of the free versions of these remote control software are missing one thing or another. Always nice to change up the client every now and then to see what you are missing.
  • Options
    LAN_GuruLAN_Guru Member Posts: 119
    I have been using LogMeIn Free for personal use for several years. It is an excellent product. The paid version does offer increased functionality such as the ability to print to a remote printer. For your purposes, the free version should suit you well. You can also have it reboot the host and automatically reconnect you. You can even reboot the host into Safe Mode and auto-reconnect...

Pay attention when signing up, installing, and/or configuring. It used to try to default to a trial version of the paid product and you had to manually set it to use the free version so it didn't expire on you. Seems like it usually expires when you are away and need access.
    9/1 - Citrix A18 :study:
    9/20 - Citrix A19, 10/4 - Citrix A24, 10/18 - Citrix A08, 11/1 - Citrix A15, 11/17 - Cisco 640-802, 12/1 - Cisco 642-813, 12/15 - Cisco 642-902, 12/30 - Cisco 642-832
  • Options
    bdubbdub Member Posts: 154
    I've been using teamviewer for quite awhile and it works perfectly fine with vmware workstation so I would assume it works for virtualbox as well.