pc not connecting to internet

shanparamesshanparames Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi
In our office there are two groups of pc's, one group connected to internet through ISA firewall and another group directly through gateway of the ADSL router.All the directly connected pc's are connecting to internet without any problems except one pc which is only connecting to internet through ISA firewall.

One time there was some problem in that pc , so we are forced to connect through ISA server.After this only this problem is happening in that pc.I checked all the ip address setting through static ,dhcp, default gateway and dns settings.Seems to be all are ok.
To confirm the problem,I booted through UBCD for windows cd and checked through the default gateway found the same pc connecting to internet.
It is now confirmed that the windows in the pc is having to be reset the network settings.I used netsh int ip reset & netsh winsock reset catalog commands also but still the same problem.I logged in as domain user,local user with admin rights but the same symptom.

Please help me to solve this problem!
Thanks & Regards
S.Swaminathan
Thanks

Comments

• ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If it worked through ISA in a boot CD, sounds like there's probably a virus or something on the machine preventing internet connections. I'd just reimage it and move on.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Check the proxy settings of the Internet browser(s)...if you do use a proxy then make sure it's correct or if you do not switch it back to off or automatically determine for the connection
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Can you ping the loopback? the gateway? can you ping 4.2.2.2? what about a url? that info should narrow it down a bit.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Another safe ping to memorize is goggles public DNS 8.8.8.8
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I probably wont be of much help but how far to your packets make it? If you tracert to some public address where do they stop?
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens