Options

I got a new Job Offer

amb1s1amb1s1 Member Posts: 408
Hi, I would like to share this with you guys because without this forum I think I wouldn't git this offer. I'm going to be working with one of the biggest Telecom company in the world and I'm really excite. I went from been an Helpdesk last year to get promoted to Jr Network Engineer at my job to Network Engineer to a real engineering job. I also bump my salary 120% in less than a year. This confirm that if you work hard and be patient it will pay off. You may think patient and you bump your salary for 120% in less than a year, but I was in the helpdesk for 6 years seeing people getting promoted and then seeing people getting layoof, but at the end it payoff. Thanks for all your help
David G.
http://gomezd.com <
My Tshoot test Blog
http://twitter.com/ipnet255

Comments

• Options
    -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    Awesome! Congrats.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    jonragejonrage Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats and thank you. that's a very inspirational story
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Did you pass TSHOOT today or something?
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck with the new position.....
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Love to read success stories. Congrats man!
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats! So there's a light at the end of the tunnel.. lol
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    amb1s1 wrote: »
    Hi, I would like to share this with you guys because without this forum I think I wouldn't git this offer. I'm going to be working with one of the biggest Telecom company in the world and I'm really excite. I went from been an Helpdesk last year to get promoted to Jr Network Engineer at my job to Network Engineer to a real engineering job. I also bump my salary 120% in less than a year. This confirm that if you work hard and be patient it will pay off. You may think patient and you bump your salary for 120% in less than a year, but I was in the helpdesk for 6 years seeing people getting promoted and then seeing people getting layoof, but at the end it payoff. Thanks for all your help

Nice job!!

I hear you on the hard work and it paying off. I was just given an offer for a 52% raise at a new company, I'm just waiting for the offer in writing. I'm pumped!! :D Best of luck to you!!

joe
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome! It's always a good feeling to get a job offer! Good luck in the future.
  • Options
    amb1s1amb1s1 Member Posts: 408
    Congrats! Did you pass TSHOOT today or something?
    I passed the TSHOOT last monday.
    David G.
    http://gomezd.com <
    My Tshoot test Blog
    http://twitter.com/ipnet255
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Way to go! It all pays off in the end.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    kerxkerx Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! As an Engineer having patience is IMHO the most important thing.
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Congrats mate!
  • Options
    sides14sides14 Member Posts: 113
    Congrats. People truly are rewarded for their hard work.
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213