Free Online Intro to AI class

XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey TE

Wanted to share this with you all in case some of my fellow TEchines may be interested in taking this class. Got informed about it this evening and thought it was interesting.

Stanford University professors, Sebastian Thrun and Peter Norving are teaching Introduction to Artificial Intelligence online this fall

Introduction to Artificial Intelligence - Fall 2011

Just signed up....Check it out! icon_thumright.gif
LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Cool stuff, thanks for sharing. icon_thumright.gif
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yea, pretty cool to get some knowledge from Stanford professors for a great deal

• hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I will bet this is done to complete someone's dictation in work (I don't care what the link said), and I honestly think this is a clever way of doing it. I would love to sign up, but I honestly think it's geared toward programming students (may it be computer science, software engineering and so forth).

Here's the prerequisite from the link:
    The course is tailored towards advanced undergraduate or early graduate students, new to Artificial Intelligence, who wish to learn about the excitement in the field. The course indtroduce a wealth of topics in AI, many of which are then subject of more specialized follow-on classes at Stanford.
    I would love to sign up since I believe I have a little programming capability to get by. Unfortunately, due to a potentially accessibility issue, I would have to pass up that opportunity, but I will definitely share it with a couple of people I know can do this.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Stanford has had a bunch of course curriculums online for a while, though you won't be taking the course in real time with other students. MIT has some too.

Stanford School of Engineering - Stanford Engineering Everywhere
    Free Online Course Materials | MIT OpenCourseWare
  • kerxkerx Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, just registered. I really appreciate this, and I love online courses, especially AI!
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They also have a couple of other classes available online this Fall

Stanford's Introduction to Databases and Introduction to Machine Learning are also available online this fall!

• WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    Thanks for sharing, I just signed up.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson