how good is the Darril Gibson book for 70-685/686?

jasynjasyn Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
so it looks like this is the only book out there that covers the two other then the ms-press books .. the most recent reviews gave them 1 & 2 stars so if anyone has personally used it i'd like to get your input. did it help you pass? should i go with this one or the ms-press?

Windows 7 Desktop Support and Administration: Real World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-685 and 70-686)

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It was fairly good. I wouldn't use it as a standalone source for the 686, but if you have enough Win7 experience, it would probably be good enough the 685.
    I used it to help with the 680 exam. The MS press 685 book is great. Both are pretty cheap on amazon.
  • killwarkillwar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Honestly i've never relied on a single book for my studies on a particular exam.

I've used say 1, 2 or 3 from different authors depending firstly on their rating and my own judgement; currently using Darril Gibson's book as well as the MS Press book for my 70-685 exam.

These two reinforce my knowledge for that exam.

Wished Certguide released a 70-685/70-686 book their 70-680 was awesome.

Hope that helps.
  • jasynjasyn Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. I just like to have a good book guide to use as a primary. I used Don Poulton's book to pass 70-680 as well and really enjoyed it so I feel you on them not having one for 685/686.
  • phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought it was a good book. Like Psoasman said, it would probably work for 685 but if one is looking at the 686, the Sybex Mastering Win7 deployment by Aidan Finn, Darril Gibson, Kenneth van Surksum bight be good to get too.
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just bought this for use on the 70-682. Darril's Security+ book was great and the thing has good ratings on Amazon. I guess we'll be finding out in a couple days!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Definitely will check these books out, but agree that multiple resources seem best!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD