Options

DCD=down DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up

amarbidkaramarbidkar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

What troubleshooting needs to be done if we get situation like DCD=down DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up and Serial interface is down/down.?

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    amarbidkar wrote: »
    Hi,

What troubleshooting needs to be done if we get situation like DCD=down DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up and Serial interface is down/down.?

Your likely not receiving all the control signals you need from your DSU/CSU. Check your cables for good connection and bent pins. I had a tranatlantic link fail once because a 3rd party engineer replaced a DSU/CSU. Rough with the cable to the router he bent a single pin, took the link out.
  • Options
    amarbidkaramarbidkar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you,Let me check.
  • Options
    andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Yea,Turgon is right,check you cables because the serial interface is the physical(cable) connection
  • Options
    andy4tech wrote: »
    Yea,Turgon is right,check you cables because the serial interface is the physical(cable) connection

hehehe I did wonder when someone else would chip in. Oh the joys of serial connections. A lost art ;)
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Turgon wrote: »
    hehehe I did wonder when someone else would chip in. Oh the joys of serial connections. A lost art ;)

Certainly not a mourned one. If I never have to discuss crap like line encoding with a provider ever again, I'll be a happy camper.
  • Options
    Certainly not a mourned one. If I never have to discuss crap like line encoding with a provider ever again, I'll be a happy camper.

hehehe..yes its fun when the provider doesn't understand what you are trying to tell them.