Options

Question in 70-680 i need help with

Ginger9997Ginger9997 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys below is a question i got in my practise tests, The answer is D...I have no idea why and i can find nothing in the book or online to help me solve this?

You work as a network administrator at **********.com. The **********.com network consists of a
single Active Directory domain named **********.com. The servers on the network run Microsoft
Windows Server 2008 and the client computers run Microsoft Windows 7. **********.com has
recently deployed two client computers to the network configured with the IPv6 addresses shown
in the table below:
During the course of the day you receive instruction from **********.com to test the IPv6 address
connection from **********-WS01 to **********-WS02.
What should you do?
A. You should consider having the ping -t fe80::34df:1a54%11 command run.
B. You should consider having the ping -t fe80::34df:1a54%13 command run
C. You should consider having the ping -r fe80::34df:1a54%13 command run.
D. You should consider having the ping -6 fe80::34df:1a54%11 command run.
E. You should consider having the ping -6 fe80::34df:1a54%13 command run.
Answer: D

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    When you do a ping -6 it means you are pinging an ipv6 address much like if you did a ping -4 you would be ping a ipv4 ip address. The number/letter/symbols after are the ipv6 address for the client you are pinging. My guess is that somewhere in the question it gives you a diagram that shows what ip addresses each host has and that is the ip for that specific host. You can also ping a host by name using the same command but the hostname instead of the ipv6 adddress. If there is no diagram than either D or E could have been right as there is no way to tell which ip address belongs to which host unless there is more info that I don't know about.
  • Options
    Ginger9997Ginger9997 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nah no diagram! i was just making sure 11/13 didnt stand for anything! Thanks mate.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    The 11 and 13 do have meaning - they are the interface or zone identifiers. The fe80 ipv6 prefix is a link-local address which is an automatic private address similar to 169.254.x.x. Normally these would not be routable, but the MS implementation of ipv6 tracks the zone so it knows which interface the address arrived on, and thus which interface it needs to use communicate back to that ipv6 host.

Using Windows Tools to Obtain IPv6 Configuration Information

Look for the %6 zone interface on the link-local address below:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : ecoast.example.com
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:db8:21da:7:713e:a426:d167:37ab
    Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2001:db8:21da:7:5099:ba54:9881:2e54
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::713e:a426:d167:37ab%6
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 157.60.14.11
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::20a:42ff:feb0:5400%6

If the workstation had other physical adaptors or tunneling adaptors, those would have different % zone IDs
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Claymoore wrote: »
    The 11 and 13 do have meaning - they are the interface or zone identifiers. The fe80 ipv6 prefix is a link-local address which is an automatic private address similar to 169.254.x.x. Normally these would not be routable, but the MS implementation of ipv6 tracks the zone so it knows which interface the address arrived on, and thus which interface it needs to use communicate back to that ipv6 host.

Using Windows Tools to Obtain IPv6 Configuration Information

Look for the %6 zone interface on the link-local address below:

If the workstation had other physical adaptors or tunneling adaptors, those would have different % zone IDs

Looking at his question though is there really any way to determine which one out of D or E is correct with the info provided? Cause if there is I would like to know myself.
  • Options
    mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    Is this a question from a known braindump? I know some training sites use their names in their questions...so it would make since that the question refers to ********* several times, lol.

OP - More on braindumps at CertGuard | Braindumps