HEllO ALL

ComputerLover1ComputerLover1 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
My biggest problem I believe for the A+ cert will probably be the printers and DOS . If you do not work or are familiar with these areas you will lose what you have learned . Any Tips on what type of Printers I should focus on . At my job I just add the printer remotely not actually Trouble shoot it .

Thank you
Without struggles there can not be progress

Comments

• BastardBastard Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, you shouldn't focus so much on what printers, but the whole printer process, and the parts involved. Also you should know the process for, dot matrix, laser, and "inkjet" type printers individually. They all print differently. Also make sure you know what will supply the print ink (toner, ink cart, or ribbon). Other than that, i don't think you'd have to focus on a specific brand, just different types and processes for each.
    B===Þ
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • WyldstarWyldstar Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Fortunately, there isn't a whole lot of DOS focus in the exam anymore... just a few legacy commands. When I took the OS portion of the exam, it seemed to focus a LOT on printers.. inordinately so. I think I had about 5 printer questions (out of 20 Qs), mostly about the laser print process. the LP part is probably the most important to know for the exam.. what the transfer and primary coronas do, what parts can be harmful to touch, proper proceures for disposal and replacement of toner cartridges, etc. There's really not to much in depth focus, just know the general stuff and it shouldn't be hard :D . Also, know what a printer being offline enabled does. I had a Q on my exam regarding that.

Nice to see another Marylander on the site!

- WS