Options

Magazine suggestion ?

GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
Hello

I have a question my friends. I was buying some It related magazines like CHIP, PC World and so on many years ago. As you guess, the main reason for it to read and be informed about the new devices and technology so on....

I wonder if it is possible to see a magazine in the market which is related to Network. Network news, company decisions, new devices and technology, command section for different devices and ios, and so on....

Is there any professional Network magazine worth to buy/read?

Suggestions?

I found one at amazon.com (only 3 reviews)

Network World: Amazon.com: Magazines

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    2600 its not a "networking" mag but its nice
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    I get these every month: Processor.com: Data Center IT Equipment at Processor, Routers, Storage, Rackmount Servers, Computer Room Cabling and Flooring

If you look in the top left, you can subscribe for free. Usually pretty alright stuff.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Network World is good. You can subscribe for free if you work in IT so definitely don't pay $130 for a subscription.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    apexgtpapexgtp Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Network World is good, I also subscribe to Computer World. (both free)
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I like anything free! Signed up for Computer World!
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There's also eWeek, and if you care about Microsoft stuff then Redmond Mag. Those two and Network/Computer World are the free IT mags I currently receive.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I was told magazines weren't the best mean to keep up with technologies due to rapid changes. Sorry if I had to jack this thread, but which links are better alternatives to magazines? I see this as a "greener" alternative. I hope Kindle can open those "e-Magazines" just fine, but I can't be sure until I buy myself a Kindle.
  • Options
    GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    Wowow. Thanks for the information guys. These were definitely what i was looking for.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MS has a monthly free magazine as well, its like Redmond or something like that. I got it free for a while. Do a search I am sure you can find it.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    are these magazines in the classic physical sense? or an e-magazine?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I got to the point where i was fed up with the big tech magazines...pc world, pc magazine...whatever they were. I had subscriptions, but after a while its just all the same garbage.

Half the magazine is ads. The other half is articles about the company that bought those ads. Nothing was honest or critical, its all just a bunch of corporate backscratching if you ask me. "Hey this is billybob at Symantec. We'll buy some premium adspace in your mag if you treat us right in some 'articles'." Not worth it to me.

The one exception was Maximum PC, i dont know if it is around anymore.

Outside of those two, i dont know if there is a good IT subscription based magazine. I have found a number of nice periodical magazines for stuff like photoshop or web stuff.

You'll always get your money's worth with MAD magazine though.