Options

MC MCSE test questions!

GR8BA55GR8BA55 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently did the free mc mcse test of 270 questions! I scored 83%. Some didnt register when i clicked on the answer and some i got wrong for not reading it correctly! But three Questions got me confused!

Q 10 says a good way to clean pc is to use vacuum! I thought having a vacumm near a pc can cause EMI/ESD??

Q45 It says printers dont use DMA channels, and i thought DMA 3 is ECP EPP. Isnt this related to printers???

Q72 It asks what should never be exposed to sunlight! I thought the answer was toner cartridge. But it turns out to be the drum! I thought the drum was in the toner cartridge????

Can anyone verify this?? Also do you think that 83% is good enough too? I get between 72% and 90+% on most free tests i take!!

THANKS AGAIN ALL!!!!! icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yea, printer questions are a piece of crap. they put so many on any hardware exam b/c that is what 75% of office tech support guys do, run around and fix printers all day. you never know how they are going to view the printer. I agree, sometimes the drum is inside the cartridge sometimes it is a COMPLETELY different component.

as for the vacuum, screw a vaccum, its called an air compressor!!!

peace
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
  • Options
    thanx mistervince! I'm glad some1 agrees! TOPMAN!!
  • Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Q 10 says a good way to clean pc is to use vacuum! I thought having a vacumm near a pc can cause EMI/ESD??
    There are anti-static vacuums you can buy or some made strickly for PC. This was covered in several of my readings.
    Q45 It says printers dont use DMA channels, and i thought DMA 3 is ECP EPP. Isnt this related to printers???
    This is NOT directly related to printers. ECP and EPP have to do with your parallel port (LPT). You can put a lot more things unto a parallel port than a printer anyway (ie removable hard drive, etc.)
    Q72 It asks what should never be exposed to sunlight! I thought the answer was toner cartridge. But it turns out to be the drum! I thought the drum was in the toner cartridge????
    The toner cartridge is the all in one deal. There are several parts IN the toner cartridge that are sensitive to the outside elements.

Advice: Don't assume there is related hardware that has to do with the property in question...like that ECP/EPP one - ECP/EPP are parallel port properties, NOT printer properties.

Hope this helps! icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    reloaded yr a star!!! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm sure my good friend Jason won't mind, but you could have asked these questions in the forums at mcmcse.com as well icon_wink.gif

I completely agree with reloaded btw. And 83% on those questions should mean you are ready.
  • Options
    caustikcaustik Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sometimes you gotta fiqure out what answer comptia wants, its like that on the real test..

i got 28 wrong outta 270 on that test - good practise
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    as for the vacuum, screw a vaccum, its called an air compressor!!!

peace

haha....I hope you dont do this on a major toner spill....This stuff is so fine and it gets everywhere.....I had to clean up after a toner spill on a copier after the cloud had settled, you could see a perfect outline on the white wall, where the guy was standing when he did it. haha

Also watch compressed air when blowing out paper dust in an ink jet printer....you hit that **** well (or whatever that thing is called) you get a nice ink explosion...

Good times....Thanks for bringing up the memories of the times I worked on copiers and printers.. icon_wink.gif
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA