Options

Favorite Energy Drink

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
So like the topic says, what's everyones favorite energy drink? Now that I'm on nights (I use to drink them in the morning too) I usually have one with dinner to keep me on point. My favorite use to be RedBull, but recently I can't quite enjoy it anymore (except when mixed with Vodka, especially orange vodka it makes it taste like an orange tic-tac). Due to price and size, I've gone with Monster for the past year and a half. They also have a Zero Sugar, Zero Calorie one that has become my personal favorite.
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used to love Red Bull, but I quit drinking it about 3 years ago. One of the best decisions I've ever made, the thing gave me acne.

For now my favourite energy drink is Tea.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm not a big fan of carbonated drink, so I would have to go with other kind of nutritional supplements to get energy. For a quickie, I would take a berry-flavor 5-hour energy, but I would prefer a good smoothie with energy enhancer. I personally think Smoothie King made the best smoothie I ever tasted. I have not yet be able to make smoothie THAT good at home. Unless the parlor cheated, which might be the case. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    Finally a topic I'm an expert at!

Sugarfree Red Bull for me. Not that I'm opposed to the sugar or anything, but for whatever reason I like the flavor better, so that's just a bonus.

And although I haven't had them in awhile, there was a 2-3 month period where I had a Java Monster (Russian flavor...which looks to be discontinued now) almost every morning. I had tried them before, but was able to get these at 25 cents a piece...for that price, they are awesome :)

I think I might try and get some tea equipment for my birthday/Christmas, some bowls and a tetsubin, stuff of that sort. I've done a bit of looking into it, but I'm still overwhelmed by the variety of loose leaf teas (looked at samovarlife.com primarily so far, they are tied into the San Fran tech culture).
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Does good old coffee count?

12 cups at least a day icon_smile.gif

That's just at my house, depending on my day depends if I get more.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Ha, yeah coffee can count (old school energy drink).
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not really into the energy drinks, they all taste like crap. Just give me a Mountain Dew.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Does good old coffee count?

12 cups at least a day icon_smile.gif

12!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

If I had 12, I'd be bouncing off the walls.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Xyience Energy. Use to do Full Throttle. Tried Sugar free Red Bull and gagged. Then dumped it. Yuck.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper freak myself. I really need to get off it though, as I think it disturbs my sleep.
  • Options
    Alan you gotta try Amp, tastes just like Mountain Dew...
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Monster Low Carb. The blue can
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    XS Energy is awesome!!!! I like Citrus and Peach Tea icon_cool.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I usually drink monster (green can). I used to buy the monster zero calorie just because it tasted different. I used to drink rip it all the time while I was in high school because it was cheap. I never liked red bull though because of the taste.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Blu3Blu3 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    XS Energy is awesome!!!! I like Citrus and Peach Tea icon_cool.gif

Thats good stuff right there.
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hands down Red Bull.

Recently "Relentless" hit the stores over here (by Coca-Cola) which isn't bad and much cheaper. Might be the European version of Monster but I'm not sure about that.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I used to drink Mother everyday until I realised it's rotting my teeth, just like any other fizzy drink.

My energy is much better sustained by drinking water and eating proper food throughout the day. Yeah, sounds boring but a much greater return than chocolate and chips.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Spike! or Bing have been my caffeinated drinks of choice lately. Aside from that I love my espresso machine... nothing like drinking a double in the morning while having an early conference call with clients!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    I used to drink Mother everyday until I realised it's rotting my teeth, just like any other fizzy drink.

LOL, I never heard of an energy drink called Mother until you mentioned it. I thought you spelled out Monster incorrectly. The Mother energy drink is definitely not a breast-feeding substitute. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Stiltz79Stiltz79 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Usually a pot of coffee at work and a Green Monster on lunch. I drink Iced Tea and Lemonade at home.
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Coffee usually in the morning and a cup in the afternoon. In the winter if I have a cold hot tea. Otherwise I drink water or iced tea (I cut back on soda a few years ago, I could go through a case of Coke in a day)!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Essendon wrote: »
    I used to love Red Bull, but I quit drinking it about 3 years ago. One of the best decisions I've ever made, the thing gave me acne.

For now my favourite energy drink is Tea.

Anything with sugar in it gives me acne. You can tell when I'm off my normal feeding pattern because I tend to break out.

I second tea as a good energy drink. I have know for a while I have issues metabolizing caffeine but when I had my genetic profile done on 23andMe they were actually able to tell I was a slow caffeine metabolizer. Tea and coffee are really all I need, that and some vitamin B and I am good to go all day.

Any serious amount of caffeine after 6 PM and I might be awake again after midnight - which is not fun!
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Only things I ever drink are water or Gatorade. Have never been a fan of any kind of sugary or carbonated drinks.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    alan2308 wrote: »
    I'm not really into the energy drinks, they all taste like crap. Just give me a Mountain Dew.
    For real. I wonder if these companies ever tasted their stuff before putting it out. icon_rolleyes.gif

I just use Vivarin or some other over-caffinated pill washed down with a Coke.icon_bounce.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Bawls, especially since we're IT guys. That's my favorite one. It tastes like a melted ICEE :D but since it's expensive and only available at certain gas stations in my area, I haven't been able to drink much of it lately. Because of this Mountain Dew or Amp have been my weapon of choice if I need an energy drink.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Water .
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    Knob Creek

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I usually drink Tea or soda as my energy drink. icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    red bull sugar free :D
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    ComputadoraComputadora Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Only things I ever drink are water or Gatorade. Have never been a fan of any kind of sugary or carbonated drinks.

You should try Propel Zero flavored water (Kiwi-Strawberry is my fav), they are made by the same people as Gatorade (Pepsico) only they don't have lots of sugar in them or calories.