Options

70-680 - Passed! Whoo Hooo!

pixelperson1pixelperson1 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, after a lot of study, reading, building, and configuring I worked up the courage to take the 70-680 test.

I passed it first time - Score of 863

Next up will be 70-640.

This was my first MS cert, and it feels good to get it done.

I will continue with Sever 2008 certifications. Going for MCITP Enterprise before the end of the year. Then on to CCNA.

Thanks to everyone who posted advise and assistance. The "Stickies" are great. Keep it up.
C. Christensen
CompTia Network+; A+ Certified, Security+
www.creativeoverload.com

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am still working in this one myself after a couple attempts. What do you feel best prepared you to pass?
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! I hope to nail this one soon myself!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • Options
    rjs_essexrjs_essex Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done! It's not an easy exam, congrats!
    WIP: 70-417, Security+, Project+, CCNA
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your First Cert - Should feel nice .
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    pixelperson1pixelperson1 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I began by getting info from MS website about certifications. Then I set up a Win 7 "study machine" and used it to do some basic labs. I also used the MS virtual labs to get an understanding of WAIK and the deployment process.

Then I picked up Windows 7 books.

Windows 7 Inside Out by Ed Bott, Carl Siechert, and Craig Stinson was great for getting a solid idea how to trouble shoot.

But the MS Book 70-680 followed how the test is constructed.

A friend lent me the Trainsignal series of videos also.

Lastly - The Transcender 70-680 test. Note: this test was excellent as it provides in-depth detailed reasons WHY an answer on the test is right or why it it wrong. This is definately worth the investment ($99.00 for a month of access, but you can extend it cheaply if you need to.)
    C. Christensen
    CompTia Network+; A+ Certified, Security+
    www.creativeoverload.com