Options

Passed ICND... Now CCNA :-)

xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
Passed the ICND today with a 953. Scores don't matter as long as you pass, and that's all I cared about. However, it was a pleasant surprise to see that score! icon_eek.gificon_cool.gif

I felt the test was not too difficult overall. Once again Cisco has proven to me they have far superior tests than Comptia. Both the INTRO and ICND exams were very fair without being too simple. You truly must grasp the concepts of all the material. There is no memorization like Network+ was.

To anyone taking the ICND, be sure you can subnet. That cannot be stressed enough. If you are unable to select an addressing scheme based on user requirements or do VLSM, you are toast.

Also, on the exam, I received only 1 simulation but several drag and drops. Graphics were all over the place. I can hardly recall a question without a graphic of some kind!

For the most part, a very fair test. It seemed to range all areas listed in the objectives without missing even one.

Thanks again to everyone on this forum and good luck to everyone on their future exams. icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Well done, good score, what now?
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! Though score doesn't really matter, getting such a high score does mean that you know your stuff.
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Webmaster wrote:
    Congrats! Though score doesn't really matter, getting such a high score does mean that you know your stuff.

Really? Webmaster, why then the need for certifications?

I think knowing the stuff both practically and theoretically is what certifications are confirming. I stand to be corrected.
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Webmaster, why then the need for certifications?
    I don't see the logic of how my comment can lead to this question. I never implied that you don't need them. That's completely irrelevant when it comes to the score.
    I think knowing the stuff both practically and theoretically is what certifications are confirming
    Would be nice if that was true in every case. icon_rolleyes.gif I think you are looking at my comment too black-and-white, I'm not saying that a lower score, but pass, means you don't know your stuff. I know and agree that a pass is a pass, and someone with a lower score, but pass, deserves the cert just as much as someone who aced it. That doesn't take away that a high score indicates that you know your stuff. Nothing more than that ;)
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    I have been corrected as early requested.

Thanks for your response, Is all about getting clarifications on issues, as you have always been helpful on this site
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    What's next? A lot, hopefully. I'll be graduating from high school in June and I'm going to try to land an entry-level job for the summer. I know I need to build my experience and I have to start somewhere.

Certification-wise, I'll do A+ next. I took an A+ class last year and I haven't gotten around to the exams yet. After that, I'll be in college in the fall with a major in Comp. Engineering, although I may switch to Comp. Sci. Designing PC's isn't really what I want to get into (I don't think) and neither is comp. programming (I don't think either), but I need a career related degree.

In my spare time I might consider pursuing CCNP. Although, getting a job and being in college will be the main focus. Hopefully all this will end up with a rewarding career in networking, which I have so far enjoyed.

Any advice would definately be welcome. :)
  • Options
    yang11yang11 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    once you get your ccna; A+ should be like piece of cake.
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    In my spare time I might consider pursuing CCNP.

If you like networking and you enjoy working on Cisco stuff then I'd definitly go for CCNP. You should see if the college your going to go to has a Cisco Academy. That way while your taking regular classes you can get your CCNP done in 4 semesters. I've been in the academy for 2 semesters and I love what they are teaching!

Best of luck to you,

Keith
  • Options
    squawk1500squawk1500 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Once again Cisco has proven to me they have far superior tests than Comptia:

Haha I'm going next monday to get my Network+. I just passed the 640-801 last monday and I thought I should go and pick up the Network+ cert while I was at it. I studied for the 640-801 from November to April and plan on studing for the Net+ for 2 weeks. I don't plan on the Net+ exam putting up that much of a fight.

Great score by the way and congrats on your CCNA. After I pass the Net+ I'm planning on studing for the 70-270 XP exam. Good luck on your A+!
  • Options
    Thanks. Good luck to you too. :)
  • Options
    UndertowUndertow Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Why are you writing on your theme :"passed icnd , now ccna" ?
    You automatically gain ccna when you pass icnd.
  • Options
    The subject is meant to read "Passed ICND, now CCNA (certified)" icon_wink.gif