Options

Windows installer service problem in windows 7 64 bit professional!

shanparamesshanparames Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi
In the HP workstation in our office with preloaded windows 7 64 bit professional , while the windows updates getting installed during the shutdown process of the pc, unfortunately the power was switched off.After then the pc is not reaching the desktop ;the checkdisk loop continously runs.One of our IT colleague , he searched the internet and after following the blog,finally the maching got booted and it is working charm. But what has happened is after this revival we are not able to install or uninstall any program
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUiFl4nLSGd957UPXsG2Ij4YFn7YCH5mqufLBPZlnwaD1S57Qj

I am getting the posted message .I tried through all the steps posted in this forum and almost all the internet forums.

Please kindly help us to get rid of this problem.

I tried to install windows 7 sp1 also but failed as below
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvhn-psRJJVPffze38g5FKkAVkYeD82TOu5bkaWkiHMJAomAA6

Error 0x80070BC9

When I try to register the module WUAPI.DLL , it is saying that the module WUAPI.DLL was loaded but the call to DLLRegister Server failed with error code 0x80070005 when I am trying to reset the windows update process .....

Thanks & Regards S.Swaminathan Live & let others live!!!
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hi
    In the HP workstation in our office with preloaded windows 7 64 bit professional , while the windows updates getting installed during the shutdown process of the pc, unfortunately the power was switched off.After then the pc is not reaching the desktop ;the checkdisk loop continously runs.One of our IT colleague , he searched the internet and after following the blog,finally the maching got booted and it is working charm. But what has happened is after this revival we are not able to install or uninstall any program
    • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUiFl4nLSGd957UPXsG2Ij4YFn7YCH5mqufLBPZlnwaD1S57Qj

I am getting the posted message .I tried through all the steps posted in this forum and almost all the internet forums.

Please kindly help us to get rid of this problem.

I tried to install windows 7 sp1 also but failed as below
      images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvhn-psRJJVPffze38g5FKkAVkYeD82TOu5bkaWkiHMJAomAA6

Error 0x80070BC9

When I try to register the module WUAPI.DLL , it is saying that the module WUAPI.DLL was loaded but the call to DLLRegister Server failed with error code 0x80070005 when I am trying to reset the windows update process .....

Thanks & Regards S.Swaminathan Live & let others live!!!

Reimage the bad boy. Don't you have a recovery partition?
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »
    Reimage the bad boy. Don't you have a recovery partition?

Hi

Thanks for your kind support.Please give some useful links how to reimage it.I have a question ' if i reimage it, all the existing programs will be remaining or have to be reinstalled?'

Or can I repair the existing windows with windows 7 64 bit professional dvd ?

N.B: when i try to repair it is getting installed only in new windows folder renaming the existing windows folder.So I cancelled it!

Please help me!

Thanks & Regards

S.Swaminathan
    Thanks
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What about a system restore from a week ago?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Hi

System restore should work but my colleague totally screwd the registry as I posted already for solving the previous issue. What he has done through the forum which he gone through, is totally forgotten from his memory.From his statement, I can understand that he has deleted some files but he made upset the working station.If you tell me how to repair the windows 7 on the same installation folder , it will be good for me

Thanks & Regards

S.Swaminathan
    Thanks
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't see where system restore was previously mentioned, but that is one of the things it is good for. Part of the System Restore takes a backup of the registry. By restoring from a previous restore point you are overwriting your registry... and hopefully that is the part that got mucked up.
    Decide what to be and go be it.