Options

Had an Interview Today!

101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
I had an interview for my first (real) IT position. It is a Help Desk position at a large defence contractor. Im feeling pretty good, the interview went well, and I was given a tour. The person interviewing me will be my direct supervisor and she said that the person I would be replacing had less experiance than me when he started. icon_cheers.gif

She said that they are looking to hire someone in the next few weeks so I don't think I will have to wait anxiously for to long.icon_bounce.gif

It looks to be more of a Desktop Support roleicon_thumright.gif, as phone support is supposed to be minimal.

I also wanted to say thank you, as this forum has helped me in preparing for the interview, and in refining the resume that landed me one in the first place.

Now to play the waiting game icon_confused.gif??:
2017 Goals:
[x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5

Comments

• Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Grats on a good interview and GLicon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz on landing the new job!icon_thumright.gif

I'm impatiently waiting for someone...ANYONE to take a chance with me. But since my only cert is the CCENT I can't expect much demand....icon_cry.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Sounds good. If you are actively looking keeps doing so, don't sit waiting for them. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Just received my Offer Letter and NDA today.icon_cheers.gif

Now to resume my happy dance! icon_bounce.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    101010 wrote: »
    Just received my Offer Letter and NDA today.icon_cheers.gif

Now to resume my happy dance! icon_bounce.gif
    congrats bro..
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yeah! It's beer time! buddy%20beer2.gif
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the new position and good luck! icon_cheers.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Yeah! It's beer time! buddy%20beer2.gif

You got that right icon_biggrin.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH