Options

Need Help with Operation Masters.

theshadow1234theshadow1234 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
There's a question in the MCTS R2 study guide for the 70-640 exam that i am confused about and i need help on the answer. I guess i must have misread something in chapter 10 lesson 2 but the question refers to 2 domains and one of the domains has all 5 operations masters and you plan to decommision them and move all the accounts to your first domain. The question ask what Operation masters do you move to the new domain?

I am confused because i thought there can be only one Schema and Domain Naming for the entire forest. These 2 domains share the same domain space. If these operation masters are transfered, wouldn't they conflict with the existing Schema and Domain Naming masters of the new domain and cause problems?

Confused...

Comments

• Options
    Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If the domains share the same namespace than they are in the same Forest. Therefore those Operation Masters only exist on the domain you are going to decommision, not the "first" domain they are moving to. It is impossible to have 2 schemas for instance in the same Forest, that I'm aware of. The Schema Master and Domain Naming master only exist once per Forest.

Hope that helps.