Options

Anyone watch the "IT Crowd"?

whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
IMHO, fantastic nerdy show --- british comedy that, unfortunately has only 4 seasons with 6 episodes each season. You can stream all 4 seasons over netflix if you have an account.

Moss!
2017 Goals:
[ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
Future Goals:
TBD

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Love that show, friends at my old job turned me on to it. I was happy to see it on Netflix, I got my wife watching it, and she thinks it is really funny too, and she still can't understand that the monitor is NOT the computer, lol.

"Did you try turning it off and back on again?"
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have watched it a few times it's pretty good!! icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Season 5 is supposed to be starting soon. We had a fairly long thread on it before, where I first heard about it.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/51113-does-anyone-watch-crowd.html
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Moss!

not only an actor, he also directs movies, watched it the other night and great movie.

Sumbmarine

IT crowd is the great though :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    lochmoighlochmoigh Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    second season first episode makes me laugh every time.
    Currently Reading:
    ICND2 Official Exam Guide
    Second Edition Wendell Odom
    CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802
    31 days Before your CCNA Allan Johnson
    Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

Looking for IT openings in East TN
  • Options
    zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you enjoy Moss and Renham, take a look on Youtube at "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace" where they are both main characters. Woefully underappreciated British satire/comedy that has some of the funniest things you will ever see.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I watched some weird movie on either IFC or the Sundance channel, can't remember which, called "Bunny and the Bull" that had the guy who played Moss in it. I actually found it pretty funny.

Several of the IT Crowd's cast are also in "The Mighty Boosh", which used to air on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim". I never really could get into that show, but this clip from it always cracks me up... Old Gregg Full (HD Version) - YouTube

See if you can recognize the IT Crowd character in it.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I tried. Couldn't seem to get into it.
  • Options
    lochmoighlochmoigh Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zaxbysauce wrote: »
    If you enjoy Moss and Renham, take a look on Youtube at "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace" where they are both main characters. Woefully underappreciated British satire/comedy that has some of the funniest things you will ever see.

That is awesome. Thank you thank you thank you
    Currently Reading:
    ICND2 Official Exam Guide
    Second Edition Wendell Odom
    CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802
    31 days Before your CCNA Allan Johnson
    Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

Looking for IT openings in East TN
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    It's good. I also wish thewebsiteisdown had more episodes! That stuff was great.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    I was ROFL when Moss was knocked out, and when he came to, he woke up with the Win Xp boot sound file, LOL

Glad you guys already know about it -- freakin awesome show!
    And yes, Big Bang Theory is awesome too!
    2017 Goals:
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I just realized that Chris O'Dowd was the Blind Swordsman in Dinner for Schmucks.
  • Options
    He was also a DJ in "Pirate Radio"
    2017 Goals:
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ColbyG wrote: »
    I tried. Couldn't seem to get into it.

Good to see I'm not alone.
  • Options
    zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just realized that Chris O'Dowd was the Blind Swordsman in Dinner for Schmucks.

DInner For Schmucks Blind guy paint scene - YouTube

One of the best scenes in that movie.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • Options
    mark_s0mark_s0 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 for the big bang theory!

For fans of the IT Crowd:

Matt Berry - Relaxation Podcast - YouTube

This is brilliant!
  • Options
    ZachBZachB Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hilarious series.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Currently working on:
    CISSP
    MSFT 70-417
    CCNA
  • Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Cannot stand IT Crowd. Honestly, I don't get what's funny during the shows.

Maybe I'm just lame? icon_sad.gif lol
  • Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    I meant I see what's so funny about it. I think the comedy of it Is horrible.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    I missed this thread the first time around.

I was Netflix'ing The IT Crowd and Little Britain at the same time and severely hurt myself. I had to back down to A Bit of Fry and Laurie for a time. Once I could ambulate and gesticulate again, I proceeded to reruns of Not The Nine O'Clock News. Now I'm resting comfortably in Quite Interesting and Stephen Fry in America and doing quite nicely thank you.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I missed this thread the first time around.

I was Netflix'ing The IT Crowd and Little Britain at the same time and severely hurt myself. I had to back down to A Bit of Fry and Laurie for a time. Once I could ambulate and gesticulate again, I proceeded to reruns of Not The Nine O'Clock News. Now I'm resting comfortably in Quite Interesting and Stephen Fry in America and doing quite nicely thank you.

LOL :)icon_thumright.gif

" A Bit of Fry and Laurie" ! So weird seeing Hugh Laurie being straight comedic, then jumping to the seriousness of House, M.D. Though you can still see some of his same humor in House at times!
    2017 Goals:
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    I only knew Hugh Laurie for his comedic acting, like in Black Adder 3 & 4. His role in House seems strange to me, and I don't find him compelling in it at all.