Options

went to a security conference & was offered and invitation to apply.

esswokesswok Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
went to our local college for a security conference and since I had just begun studying ccna security I was real excited.

Turned out to be kind of a disappointing, as the level of the information was outdated and low level.
During the break i was talking with a former classmate, and a guy started questioning me cause he found out I have a ccnp, and mcitp.
He seemed very excited talking with me and told me of some new cisco gear that they were installing that was new on the market that nobody knows about it.
UmKay he had my attention for sure.
I found out they are also sending the new recruits to some wireless boot camp. (cool).
I applied;
they called two weeks ago and said that they wanted a ccnp and that they liked me.
They just called again today to schedule the meeting with upper management.
They offered $28.00 ~ $30.00 an hour. full time position.
I am a newly minted ccnp but I do have 20 years in IT.
I am living in the countryside, should I be greatfull to this offer?

Comments

• Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    esswok wrote: »
    went to our local college for a security conference and since I had just begun studying ccna security I was real excited.

Turned out to be kind of a disappointing, as the level of the information was outdated and low level.
    During the break i was talking with a former classmate, and a guy started questioning me cause he found out I have a ccnp, and mcitp.
    He seemed very excited talking with me and told me of some new cisco gear that they were installing that was new on the market that nobody knows about it.
    UmKay he had my attention for sure.
    I found out they are also sending the new recruits to some wireless boot camp. (cool).
    I applied;
    they called two weeks ago and said that they wanted a ccnp and that they liked me.
    They just called again today to schedule the meeting with upper management.
    They offered $28.00 ~ $30.00 an hour. full time position.
    I am a newly minted ccnp but I do have 20 years in IT.
    I am living in the countryside, should I be greatfull to this offer?

i would consider if the pay is relative to the cost of living. With 20yrs of IT experience, well i wouldn't say you don't need some training but if some of the bootcamp they offer will be beneficial to you, you can give it a shot.
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Depending on your current situation that may not be a bad offer. You may have 20 years experience in IT, but how many years of that has been core Network Administration/Network Engineering?

Regardless, good luck and let us know how it turns out.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11