Options

wow - Corsair - <sarcasm>impressive and quick</sarcasm> support

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
About 19 months ago I ordered a replacement cap for a Corsair USB stick (those rubbery ones) .. Received today .. I mean ... really ? 19 months ? And I got a survey too - that might be the first time I actually fill one out .. having said that - no one probably reads them anyway ...
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Never had to deal with them, but I had to RMA a stick of G.SKILL memory a while back and they were great. I had my replacement here within a week. 19 months is a wee bit long though. icon_scratch.gif
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    arwes wrote: »
    Never had to deal with them, but I had to RMA a stick of G.SKILL memory a while back and they were great. I had my replacement here within a week. 19 months is a wee bit long though. icon_scratch.gif

The annoying thing with them is when you buy "expensive" stuff. I purchased a few years back Extreme Intel memory, can't remember exactly the details, but it was $600 for 4GB (2x2).

One stick died and I was unable to get a replacement. Then you think "oh great, I have a live time warranty"... However, they weren't produced anymore and and Corsair did not have similar products, even the "most expensive" Ram they had was just a fraction of the price...

You know what I got as replacement ? That particular USB stick .. which .. granted .. was $120 at the time .. but still .. I even asked them to send me 8 or 16GB of the cheap ram instead, to make up for it, but they refused as they can only ship 4GB ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    NewManSoonNewManSoon Banned Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OP, did you let 19 months pass by and not follow up?
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    arwes wrote: »

Yeah, I've always had excellent service from G.Skill as well. I typically don't even bother with other memory in my builds anymore.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    NewManSoon wrote: »
    OP, did you let 19 months pass by and not follow up?

I am going to bet yes. A USB cap is not even worth the initial phone call to me. However, Corsair and GSkill are the only memory I buy. And have had great RMA experiences with both.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???